Temperature?

Jordan

Reefing newb
So right now, I have my Apex set to turn on the heater if temp drop below 78.0 and turn off if it goes above 79.0. Should I get those numbers closer together or is that a normal temp swing?

As long as you keep your temp within the acceptable range a few degrees between your high and low is just fine. If you have ever been diving on a reef you will notice more temp swing than we allow in our tanks.

+1 salt I've had my temp drop as low as 77 depending on how cold it gets at night and up to 80 in the day. I do try to aim between 78-79 though. So good call.

+1 salt I've had my temp drop as low as 77 depending on how cold it gets at night and up to 80 in the day. I do try to aim between 78-79 though. So good call.
had my tank running for years now around 76 never had a problem at this temp but if i increased it to say wot you are at wot are the benefits? always left it at 76 as everything is fine you know dont try to fix summat that aint broken kinda thing

does temp effect growth rates at all eg. higher or lower temp or is it more to do with lighting.i am talking bout soft corals by the way

Back