Tempered Glass???

matthew1048

Wurd to ya motha
Just wondering if anyone knew if the Top Fin brand (PetSmart special) Glass Aqauriums had any tempered glass in the them...tried finding the manufactuer online, but I didn't have any luck. Thanks yall!!!

Yeah, I got it....went by our Walmart, and they had some....but they were whole "Starter Kits"....and sold for about 100 bucks. I just found the manufacturer. Perfecto Mfg., Inc. and their site is "Under Construction". Was readin over the paper that came with the tank (yeah that makes sense, the Manfacturer might be there!!!! LOL), and it says "For freshwater use only"....in all caps! Uhhhh, HUH?!? Isn't a glass tank a glass tank??? Should I worry about those capitalized words????

Last edited:
My tank is a Walmart tank. I don't know what was for freshwater use only, maybe not the tank, but some of the other stuff that came with the tank in the kit?

I can honestly say that I never heard of a tank for freshwater only.Maybe it was the equipment or the silicone thats use in manufacturing thats not saltwater safe.Definitely make sure.

The only tank I have hear of being for fresh only is the steel rimmed tanks and thats only because the saltwater will make the steel rust. There should be a phone number on the box or with the booklet for any questions.

hy matt...well, my wife used to work for wallmart...one day there were a prob with a client cause tank was dripping water in some corner bla bla bla..
he used it for saltwater..the guy that work in that sectiion told him that walmart buys those starter kits that are manufacture for freshwater only so they can give better prices on them..that means that they are constructed with less quality and mass production..that means cheap glass..low quality silicone..etc etc..marine aquariums with live rocks..salt mix..equipment..water currents ..aplied more presure to the tank than freshwater ones..thats why those tanks says freshwater only...and by the way guarantee is void if is used for saltwater....so the only thing that client got was to buy some silicone to repair it..bla bla bla....that was like 2 years ago...ive never used them matt so i cant tell ....but that was an experience my wife had with a client...i know your are a quality redneck saltwater pro that youll want to take your tank to the limit...so i wanted to maybe help you a bit with this experience..my english is not that good but i tried my best..take care matt PS. i dont want to give bad rep to wallmart or its tank..im gonna buy one there for a freshwater tank i want to set up..( i hope this protects me from a lawsuit)..

Well thanks Rigo. And your english is fine buddy!!! And the tank I got, it was actually from PetSmart. But it did say "Freshwater Only" on the paper that came with it. I'm guessing that it's probably one of those mass production tanks, just like you described. Thanks for the info, and the insight buddy!!!!!

Back