Tempted to keep a fish tank on the floor

so my gf comes to my place and makes fun of my concrete block stand and I try to explain that I will put a black fabric over it. I end up caving in and going to get a stand. The only places by me are Petsmart and Petco so I end up taking the only black stand from Petsmart. This thing is like 150 lbs and I drag it into my apt and start taking pieces out to notice that it is all dusty and has all sorts of damage done to it. Now I am gonna have to haul it back into my car by myself and bring it back to the store. I am so pissed cuz now it is back to the concrete block idea.

3 concrete towers of 3 blocks each should be enough to hold my 45g long tank (48x13x17) right? So far I just have one tower (3 blocks high) on the ends and one in the middle with no other supports such as wood or grout in between. Can I just go out and get a fabric cover to make it look better and be ready for water?

If it were me, I would use some sheets of marine grade plywood on it.

You could use liquid nails to glue it to the top. Perhaps a sheet on the top, and one the front and back. The only reason I say that is for bracing purposes...but I'm not exactly sure how sturdy it would be...but at least it would cover the blocks up somewhat. I'm clumsy, and if I had a tank resting on just stacks of concrete blocks, I'd stumble and knock it off.

And btw, tell your g/f to lay off the concrete-block-work-of-art. Lmao.

Back