Tempting, but passed....

If Wonton was a coral she would be a ......Softie!!:D

Good for you. I hate to see anything die because of negligence or stupidity. I hope he does well.

If Wonton was a coral she would be a ......Softie!!:D

Good for you. I hate to see anything die because of negligence or stupidity. I hope he does well.

Hardehar LOL ok...that was actually funny.

i've never had a fish from petco last longer than a week. i won't even buy salt or chemicals from them anymore

I've had freshwater fish survive a couple of years from them. I've never bought saltwater from them. They all look sickly and palish.

It's only $30, and honestly, I don't mind seeing if I can pull this off. If I do, I'll have a nice tough tang!

I'll be going to the store in an hour to get him. The qt is prepped....has a heater, a couple cups of sand and a piece of live rock from the DT, powerhead....salinity is at 1.011, and I'm still trying to lower it to 1.009. He'll be in a 30g rubbermaid tub in the sump room, so he'll be out of heavy traffic area. So....here goes!

Stories like this make me sooooooo glad that our local petco's and petsmarts dont carry saltwater fish. If I were in this situation, I wouldn't purchase the fish even though it had a better chance in my care. The reason is that if they dont sell the fish and it dies on them, they might figure that it is just more cost effective to not carry the saltwater fish any more. If you buy it, they get their money and will then buy more fish to replace the sick one that you just purchased.

Ninja'd.
Good luck on bringing this fish back from the brink.

I know, BJ....I've gone back and forth, even as I was sitting here setting up the tank...I may still change my mind LOL

On a side note, I might be picking up a kole tang tomorrow at one of the good LFS's :)

LoL....sorry to disappoint....I did not get to pick him up :( The sump I was using apparently had a hole in it, and I don't have anything else. Maybe it's not meant to be?

Ah well :)

I found another tub late last night...washed it out, and filled it up....by the time I go to Petco this morning, it should be nice and warm! I have to make more rodi....I tend to have more evap in the winter, I noticed.

Ok, folks...I got him! No pics yet...couldn't find the damn camera, and I wanted to hurry up and drip acclimate him. He actually looked better today....swimming around, not fidgeting, but has a few white spots still. He's laying on his side right now in the drip...but breathing. I read that it's normal for hippos to play dead when really stressed...I'm gonna leave him alone for a while. I'll post pics soon, you damn pic whores! :D

I think this thread needs to be moved to like, the fish section or disease section hehehe

Back