Ten gal.

looks like montipora to me three. they like lots of light and lots of flow. like biff said keep it up high, and if you have a powerhead slightly aim it toward the coral.

ok this is what i got for a clean-up crew.
4 nassarius sanils
5 turbos
3hermits
2 mini brittles
1 bristle worm
ill post before and after pics

Isnt that an excessive amount of cleaners for a 10 gallon? I caught grief for having 10 turbos in my 50g from everyone. I know now from the comparison biff made, 4 in her 240 gallon... None have died with the exception of 1, that got trapped in a crack in a rock, hes been in there for a while and I tried for 5 minutes to get it out, but somehow he found a 1 way ticket into that crack and it just does not fit out anymore...
Looking good though hibye!

Yeah, clean up crews are overrated...I think that stores and websites just make a ton of money off of things like reef "tune-up" crews and push them on people.

I have a couple of turbos, some narcarious (spelling...I know...too lazy and intoxicated after an archaeology conference party to look it up), and about a million collonistas, and I think the collonistas do more than the "real" cleaner-uppers combined. I have three or four hermits, and I guess they do stuff...I think that most of my clean-up comes from Those Things Which We Do Not Normally See; the hitch-hikers that come out at night, pods, and so forth. This is in a 25, by the way. My wife's 40 actually has FEWER purchased clean up critters and is probably "cleaner" than the 25.

So yeah hibye...go easy on the snails, I'd say. No need to overdo it. "Nature" will do its thing if you steward it well.

get a stand from home depot and thinking about making a sump for my ten.it is on a dresser right now to :death:.or i can keep it where its at and buy these

i just made a sump and some other stuff!look a the algea there still is som cyno but not much becuase of new water change shcedule,no pellets,sump,more live rock,and a fuge but nitrates are still alittle high 7

What is it? I couldn't see a damn thing. Is that a fish tank? What's that greenish/yellow blob moving around? Are you BEATING on that camera with a stick? Turn the volume down next time kid!

yah thats gurgi the yellow shrimp goby,and the bottom tank is a sump,hermit,nassarius,and eggcrate i made a lot of improve ments

Back