Test Results

MoLaw

Reefing newb
Was wondering what you guys though about my cycling? I have my test results below. I was also wondering if I am testing all the right stuff or is there anything else I should be testing. I started the tank on the 6th and added 45 lbs of live rock on the 11th. It is a 55 gallon aquarium 40 lbs of semi-live sand(Read this post) canister filter and HOB filter (Until I get a sump and fuge going).Also my cooper test stays clear when 0 is suppose to be a light yellow, and my GH never turned color(I read the GH is freshwater only, is this correct) Thanks again for the info.

Frank
TestResults.jpg

Those are all the basics. You don't need to be testing for copper unless you are suspicious that you introduced some into your tank (i.e. all your inverts inexplicably dying). You don't need to test for GH either. Look at those nitrates! Once your nitrites hit 0, do a big water change to get those nitrates down.

Your pH looks a little low. Once the tank is done cycling, try using an additive that serves as a buffer or pH lifter.

Looks like your on track as far as your cycle.

KH is what you want to use for alkalinity.What brand kit do have?

You shouldnt need to test for copper either,unless your using tap water and live in an older house.

Looks like your PH needs to come up a bit too.Always test PH right before your lights go off.Thats when PH will be the highest.

Calcium looks good.

From your chart,it looks like you have a DKH of 9?If thats the case,then your alkalinity is ok.

Get some cheatomorpha for your refugium or sump. That will take care of those nitrates.

I'd still do a water change though. You need to get the bulk of it out if you can. Once you do some water changes and drop the nitrates, it will be easy to manage them with some cheato or other macroalgae.

Do as Biff said. Wait till the nitrites drop to zero and then do a water change to knock off the nitrates.

Back