Test Results!

WannaRace

Reefing newb
I tested my water today for DKH and Calcium, they are as follows:

DKH: About 11

Calcium: 260

I understand that my DKH is about spot on and my calcium is wayyyy low. So, Reeffreak, I bought the Kent liquid reactor :) Do I add this directly to my display tank? And being a 30 gallon tank, I am only supposed to add about 1/3 capful? How often?

On the direction,it says to add each day until calcium is were it should be.Once calcium is reach,usually once a week is all thats needed to maintain levels.You can slowly pour the capful straight into the DT or better yet in the sump if you have one.Do this after the lights go out,it will cause a temporary cloudiness.

It is ok to dose with all invertabrates and fish still in the tank right? I hope so because I just did. It was so cloudy I couldn't see anything in the tank but an hour later it has cleared up some and my fish are still alive :) I'll tank a calcium reading tomorrow and see if I notice any change so far.

I like diluting the solution in RO water before adding it to my tank. That lets it clear up and won't cloud up the DT

-Doc

I use Kent Liquid Reactor and dump it straight into my tank, right in front of the powerheads, so it gets spread out quickly.

Now I feel better about it, that's exactly what I did. I thought I might see a slight increase in calcium today so I went ahead and tested but discovered nothing. From 260 - 400 am I expecting it to take about a week or so? Maybe more?

Just do the recommended amount each day.I don't think you its raises calcium that quickly.Yes,it could a week or a little longer to get where it should be.But again,what would I know....I haven't even use mine yet.

Back