ph 8.2
nitrate 10 ppm
calcium 340
salinity 1.023
nitrite 0
ammonia 0
phospates couldn't find my chart but judging by color it looks to be high
temperature varies 80 to 83 degrees

is this calcium level ok being that the i got all zoas, mushrooms, ricordeas, xenia,
leaters, 2 crocea clams, and one candy cane coral with 4 pieces on it. I know with hard corals needs to be i think 420 range on calcium.

this tank been running since july and got a little slime algae here and there but has been slowly getting better. Every test good and i have started using ro/di water for past 2 weeks and going to continue using ro/di water until after xmas i'm going to buy my own unit been buying from lfs for 4.25 for ten gallons a shot for freshwater ro/di i don't do water changes cause it evaporates pretty quick. So any advice on results here or is everything going alright.

even if it evaporates really quickly and you do top off regularly, you should still do water changes. When water evaporates, it leaves behind everything in the water such wastes, and anything else. So over time, everything will eventually build up because none of the waste is taken out of the tank. It might take a long time or it might take a couple weeks to get bad but I can garuntee that when it does go bad, it will go really bad. I know from experience.

Brian

I agree water changes are needed. I would also recommend you consider using a two part additive such as C-balance or kent Marine Tech CB. This would be in addition to the water changes.

Last edited:
Back