Testing equipment

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
I am so tired of them drop test. I've been searching them electronic testers. Do you need to buy them seperately or do they have some that does more then one? I'm trying to come up with some birthday ideas.

What probes are you looking for?

My advice would be to get an AC JR and get a couple different probes for it. Plus you can do so much more as well.

What tests are you looking to automate?

The ac jr will do calc, ph, temp and a coupld other things I think. Just google neptune systems. I will never ever have another tank without some sort of controller...

This is more complex then I thought. How do I figure out which one I want?Plus what is a ORP probe? Are these hard to set up?

I just got an ACjr.Bought it used,but I love it.
So far I've only got the PH probe but will have the temp probe within a couple of weeks.
The ACjr just tests PH,temp,and ORP(redox potential)I think.But you can time your lights with it,use it to run a chiller and or heater,control a calcium reactor,wave maker,about any thing you'd want on a controller.
I've heard that the nitrate monitors aint that accurate.Look into a photometer for phosphates.

Plus what is a ORP probe?
If you are running ozone, you must monitor/control your ORP - oxidation reduction potential. An ORP controller turns an ozone reactor on and off within the recommended ranges of about 375-450mV.

Back