Testing salinity after mixing salt

Kwater

Chill
Now after u mix a batch of saltwater u need to test the salinity to see if u mixed it just right, how long after mixing the salt should u wait to get an accurate salinity reading to tell u if u need to add more salt, more freshwater or its just right??? Thanks for all help :)

Also how long do u halft to wait to get an accurate calcium, akilinity, magnesium, ect test result from a batch of newley made saltwater?????

i wait about 20 min to test the water with oceanic i could prob test in 10min since it desolves fast but i wait longer and when i mix my big can i let it sit for a couple hours before i test it since it is almost 70gal

I usually mix my satlwater overnight. Then test it right before I add it. If it is too salty, I splash some RO into the bucket, not salty enough, sprinkle some salt in.

i wait about 20 min to test the water with oceanic i could prob test in 10min since it desolves fast but i wait longer and when i mix my big can i let it sit for a couple hours before i test it since it is almost 70gal

This is what I do. Never had a problem with accuracy.

I usually do the taste test within a minute of adding the salt.But if I plan to test it with my refractometer,I'll wait 30 to 45 minutes.
But even if its right ( and it is right 99.9% of time ) I'll still let it mix for 24 hours before doing the water change.

Back