that damn nemo movie

Buckham

Reefing newb
Hi
After keeping and breeding blue dempseys for years my son found the finding nemo dvd. On our most recent tip to lfs he watched nemo for a half an hour and made swear to get him his own. I am familiar with the fresh water cycle and a now am making saltwater jump. Would like to set up about a 30 gal mini reef, is that large enough for 2 clown fish? Who else can live in this tank?
what equipment do I need? lighting, skimmer, filtration? I need to keep this as inexpensive as possible my wife thinks food and gas is more important than fish....I am trying to help her change. Lots of questions any answers help thanks

Welcome to the site. Well, you have come to the right place to get your questions answered. If you look to the top of this page you will see some forums. Go to the helpful articles forum and on page one you will find a lot of articles for the beginner, new systems, and such. I would recommend you go there 1st, read all you can and then back here with questions to clear up confusion or other. good luck, and again welcome to the site.

I've had two clownfish in my 24g nano-cube at one time, but they were a mated pair and I have an anemone for them to live in. I've noticed that with the anemone in the tank they never really stray very far from it, so the limited space never really seemed to be an issue. However, if they aren't a mated pair, they may end up tearing eachother apart in a 30g tank.

I have decided to go with a 55 gallon I already have from cichlids.
Right now I am saving for metal halides and "convincing" my wife it has to go in the living room. This sight has been great for info, just tryin to soak it up till I get lights. Thanks

I will set the tank up while she is at work, its genius

Lol, that sounds like a good plan. I see you are in Colorado Springs? I used to live in Fountain, CO and had a hell of a time finding any saltwater supplies out there. I hope you have better luck!

I actually live in Manitou Springs, I am above the railway station on Pikes Peak awsome veiw. Good lfs great owner, very pricy. Most equip will be gotten on-line, but will throw him some business to keep the resource local.

Back