The 40B.

Ah nevermind ill show you guys what I'm working on ATM. This is going to be the brain the black box of my system. It did have drawers in it but I gutted them out l. Today I put the door, another panel for my mp10 controller that mimics the acrylic panel I made for the apex I also added a led light which still needs wiring done I've also ordered some USB pc fans for the cabinet to make sure it never overheats and just to keep air moving and my piece of mind.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 334
Looks like you are off to an awesome start!

Also, you have the lights, there is no need to wait on the corals. Now, that doesnt mean you can just put a bunch of SPS in there and expect success, but there are lots of corals out there that will do great in a beginner tank. Almost any soft coral will do great in a new tank because they tend to flourish in the "dirty" water.

For the aquascaping (and mind you I didnt watch the vid, I only look at pictures) you want to create different levels. Have some high areas and others that are low. The eyes find this to be really pleasing. For more practical placement of corals, have lots of shelf areas where you can place stuff.

I am interested to see what you pick for fish.

Looks like you are off to an awesome start!

Also, you have the lights, there is no need to wait on the corals. Now, that doesnt mean you can just put a bunch of SPS in there and expect success, but there are lots of corals out there that will do great in a beginner tank. Almost any soft coral will do great in a new tank because they tend to flourish in the "dirty" water.

For the aquascaping (and mind you I didnt watch the vid, I only look at pictures) you want to create different levels. Have some high areas and others that are low. The eyes find this to be really pleasing. For more practical placement of corals, have lots of shelf areas where you can place stuff.

I am interested to see what you pick for fish.

Thanks.

For corals I have a certain list I have made with a local reefer and when I add corals it will be when I know I can give my fullest attention with dosing and parameters and I understand with the softies and "dirty" water. But I'd like to wait until I get my feet wet with caring for my fish. Corals will be an addiction.. so I have it listed as where most of my money will end up so I want to learn and research more on it.

Thanks for the comments on my scape.

Kyle.

Here is my best pal helping me with the updates today.
jQCnFNx.jpg

Playing with some settings and the controller. Doing a mock setup.
oWGhoK2.jpg

Dual 80mm fans installed into the controller cabinet. Air movement.
KDygR2Z.jpg

Awesome ATO Res made by Advance Acrylic. Thank you John and Manny. And installed the Avast ATO. +1
YXwsGAG.jpg

Made a Acrylic skimmer stand so my skimmer will be running properly. Got the pieces of Acrylic from a local reefer. Sorry you have to look through the ATO res.
D7uB0bB.jpg

And finally my overflow box cover made by Advance Acylics.
VhE5Slq.jpg

More updates to come. Still need a return pump and I'll be ready to rock this tank.
And I apologize that you have to tilt your head to the left. :S

Back