The cast of finding Nemo in my tank?

devon9832

Reefing newb
I have a 90g saltwater and I wanted to put the cast of finding Nemo in my tank for my neice and nephew. I have a yellow tang as well as 2 pecula clowns and two damsels. I have live rock in the tank and of course I want to add more. I kno that I won't be able to put coral or reef in it since I'll have a puffer fish but will they all fit in my tank?

Yick!

Just remember that you can have about one inch of fish length, full grown, for every five gallons of water. So you are talking about 18 inches of full grown fish. I wouldnt try it as their are a some challenging fish IE Moorish Idol, Puffers and crustaceans dont mix, etc etc.

This is a question we've had before. The "cast" in that movie's tank is fictional, and would not work together.

The puffer is not reef safe, will eat your cleaner crew, and may not get along with the other fish.
The moorish idol is one of the most difficult fish to keep alive in this entire hobby. They rarely live longer than a couple weeks. I do not recommend that ANYONE try to keep this fish. It's one species that needs to be left in the ocean.
The damsel is one of the most aggressive fish you can put in your tank, and there's a good chance it will bully/kill other fish in the tank.

It's a movie, it's not real life.

well thanks for your quick responses as well as you guys input. anyway, with the current setup that I have, being as tho I don't want a coral reef tank now, can I put a snowflake eel, a feather duster and a puffer in with what I have now?

I'm aware that there are chances that I take with every fish I buy, but I wanted something that looks nice. can I go with that?

Those fish would probably be okay, but eels will eat anything they can get in their mouths. If you get an eel, be sure you get a lid, they jump.

You want a substantial cover with an eel, they can push up to 15lbs. They are like a mouse in that they will go through any hole that they can squeeze their head through. They are a tricky animal to keep but very cool. I wish you luck. Thank you so much for changing your mind on the "Nemo" cast by the way.

Snowflakes usually arent that bad about getting out.And will usually leave other fish alone,unless they get lucky enough to catch a fish dozing.They are nearly blind and hunt food by scent.With decent flow in the tank,You just about have to drop their food right in their mouths for them to find it.The puffer may or may not eat the feather duster,so you got a 50/50 shot there.

anyway if you dont put in mount wannahawkalugi...whats the point really:D

i got a false percula and a hippo tang, and as far as my kids know...that is the cast

throw in a skunk cleaner shrimp and your done

I watched Finding Nemo a few weeks ago, after keeping a saltwater tank now my first reaction was "that would never work..." first time I saw it I thought it would be awesome though.

Here is a fish compatibility chart the people on living reefs experience would always win over a chart, but when I started my tank I got many many lectures from people about the different animals I kept wanting to try and keep together....

Back