The Conscientous Marine Aquarist book review

I just finished reading Chapter 1, and on p.48 the author says that when you mix your saltwater you should let it age for a week or so. I've read online that it should be done the day before and that's how I've been doing it. Is there anyone that mixes their water a week out, and is there a reason the water should age for a week?

Mine ages a week. After we do water changes, I fill up the tote and add salt, so it sits till the next week when I change it again. I don't do it for any reason, just if I don't do it than, I'll forget.

Another topic where there are many correct answers....BTW I've got my book...ready when yall are..it would be neat to see this same book with information updated to 2010 information...but it does allow someone to make the leap from his timeframe to now with a vastly informative background.

For example when talking about Macro algaes Chaeto is not even mentioned from what I could tell(haven't read or memorized it cover to cover) but today that is one of the first things you hear on the forums when asking about macro algae in a fuge.

Back