The Filter Guys RO/DI System with Float???

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I purchased an Ocean Reef + 1 system a long time ago. Here is a link to the page it is on but it is the 4th one listed. RO/DI Systems

I just purchased one of these Auto shut off kit for reverse osmosis systems. - English and here is my question even though I think I know the answer.

It says it has

• Auto shut-off (Requires Float Valve or Switch To Work)
So when I just got my float valve I noticed it already has an Auto-Shut of valve(2 input and 2 output block thing)

I also noticed that where they say to install a check valve I already have a manual valve that I open to manually flush the membrane. I am assuming I can forgo the check valve and just leave the manual valve.

Here is a pic. I am thinking I can just install the float valve and be done. That is basically what it looks like and according to the site it seems true.

One other thing. Once I plug the outlet into the back of the float valve, where will the water come out exactly. I want to be able to use it for other things like filling my Brute Cans.

photo(11) by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Last edited:
I kind of just answered my own question.

Since I am only using the Float Valve as per D2Minis suggestion only if I forget while manually filling my Auto Top-Off tank I am splitting the RO/DI Line prior to this dispenser so I can still fill my water change barrels without the water being affected.

Even if it did the chance is slim but both can't run together and the Auto Top-Off is closed when not in use.

I am still trying to make sure I have the parts and just needed the float as per the The Filter Guys site says.

Back