The first corals have been added!

Adrastos

not getting a free ride
Amy reef and I hit the coral farm today and got some 'test' corals to see how they do.

So far- they are doing great (it hasn't yet been an hour)

Three stalks of Pulsating Xenia and a decent sized (but small) rock of Zoanthids

Zoanthid01.jpg

Xenia01.jpg

Nice corals. I love zoas there my favorite. Shouldnt be long till they start to spread through out the tank.

That is what we are hoping. Once we know these guys are doing good.. we will add some more... but.. it sure would be fun for these guys to grow quickly while we are waiting!

I havent owned zoas yet (not untill I get the algae under control) but from what I understand is in the right water they will spread quikly.

These are the first all around! We have a pretty knowledgable helper though (the owner of the coral farm) that is helping us out!

I need to work on my photography skills with these guys. Soon I'll break out the tripod and the high definition lenses and see what I can do. It's pretty tricky to get the lighting right and speed right...

No kidding! I think that taking good pictures of our tank is definitely a skill. Check out Kimoy's tank pictures, he knows how to do it!

This is why I have always like digital photography... you can take as many practices pictures as you want.. doesn't cost a penny!

I wish corals were as easy as flowers!! I could post some neat floral pictures :)

if you think about it they are without the proper lighting and water accompanied with nutrients flowers wont grow. Some flowers get too large and have to be cut back and some flowers compete for space and will kill others. You have to periodically feed flowers. :)

I never said they were my flowers :) Lots of gardens nearby :) I let them take care of the flowers.. I just shoot 'em!!

May I ask ... where is the "coral farm" you refer to?? Is it local? I sure would love to find a place like that!!!

Back