The fish enjoyed the silence

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
We had a 2 hour power outage in the neighborhood this morning. The fish were either weirded out by it or enjoyed the silence because all of a sudden, the banggai, firefis, goby, and clownfish were all schooling all over the tank together LOL

Too bad my camera battery died and I couldn't get a pic. I know the banggai with his hovering-none-swimming self enjoyed the still waters.

I stirred the waters a couple of times to just get oxygen in there, but technically, since it is a 125g tank, it should have been fine for 2 hours w/o the water stirring around right? How do fish survive 1-2 days in transit in a baggie with limited oxygen?

My power was out last weekend for 12 hrs with no lasting effects. The temp went from 80 to 76.5, with a ton of blankets. Its a 150 which is pretty close to yours. I didn't stir it. I was too worried about the temp since it was snowing and my furnace is electronic.

Last edited:
Wow....12 hrs, that sucks! I couldn't be without internet that long LOL I wasn't too worried about temperature. It's not that cold in the basement and it's warm outside. But wow...snow in california this time of year? Hehehe.

I stirred the waters a couple of times to just get oxygen in there, but technically, since it is a 125g tank, it should have been fine for 2 hours w/o the water stirring around right? How do fish survive 1-2 days in transit in a baggie with limited oxygen?

The bags are generally filled with air and the shaking/jostling from transport provide gas exchange.

Wow....12 hrs, that sucks! I couldn't be without internet that long LOL I wasn't too worried about temperature. It's not that cold in the basement and it's warm outside. But wow...snow in california this time of year? Hehehe.

I think some of them use pure oxygen in the bags as well.

Yeah, snow. pretty tired of it at this point. I'm on the mountain near Lake Arrowhead.

cart-fish%20drunk.gif

Back