The "I wish I would have..." thread

My yellow tang mostly hides in the rockwork in my 55, unless nobody's in the room...it's maybe 2" and seems to be doing well. Gonna move it up to the 110 when it's ready for fish tho

whats up with the Capnella coral?

why..what type of soft corals and leathers did you add and why don't you like them now?

what's wrong with sun corals?

Capnella aka Kenya Tree corals grow like a weed.They are spreading everywhere and it doesn't help that they are indistructible.Cut it ,beat it,salt paste it and it still is coming back!

I'm trying to get into a SPS dominant tank.Soft coral especially leathers hinders there growth.Also soft corals grow way to fast.

Sun corals are very pretty corals but they are non-photosynthetic.Thats means high maintenance.For them to do well,you have feed and feed and feed them...then feed them some more.

Capnella aka Kenya Tree corals grow like a weed.They are spreading everywhere and it doesn't help that they are indistructible.Cut it ,beat it,salt paste it and it still is coming back!

I'm trying to get into a SPS dominant tank.Soft coral especially leathers hinders there growth.Also soft corals grow way to fast.

Sun corals are very pretty corals but they are non-photosynthetic.Thats means high maintenance.For them to do well,you have feed and feed and feed them...then feed them some more.

Do I know you or what?!?!?!

-Doc

i wish............

i would have gone with a reef ready tank
i would have gone with a bigger tank
i would have done more research on lighting T-5 ARE THE BEST
i would have added livestock more slowly
i would have bought frags instead of buying large piece from my LFS

i wish i would have read up on skimmers here before i bought my sea clone 100. three weeks cycling and today is the first day i am getting skimmate.

At my age I wish I could do it all over again, even if I had to do it all over the same way. Even the stuff that turned out wrong was still great because I got to make the choices and actually do it not just dream, hope and have the wishes go undone. Hell I would even do the failed marriages all over again if I could do all the tanks,fish, corals, children and pets all over again. But, when memories are not enough there are newer, bigger and better tanks. Do not get a predrilled, towered tank unless you can custom order your hole size. Manufacturers inherently put in undersized bulkhead holes and over sized towers and overflow boxes. Go figure. Very bright lights means no soft coral. Mean, but it works.

Well.......lets See.....
1st. Wish I Started With At Least A 55 Gallon , But Really Want A 72 Gallon Corner Tank.
Used A Sump/wet/dry Filter Instead Of A Hang On Back.
Wish I Had Way More Money To Get Live Rock !!!!!!
Wish I Found This Site Before I Started..
Ithink Thats It For Know....

I wish i would have not listened to the watts/gallon rule when buying my light and bought t5s.
I wish i would have turned off my heater before doing a massive water change.
I wish i didnt buy a coral beauty.
I wish i would have skipped this 20 gallon and bought the 240 i was set on.
I wish i would have found the bad reviews about my protein skimmer before i clicked checkout.
and lastly
I wish i wasnt so busy and lazy at the same time.

I wish:

that I'd bought a bigger tank, like 120g+
that I'd decided to use this 30g tank for a sump instead of a DT
that I had used a sump instead of a HOB refugium
that I hadn't wasted $500 on crappy equipment when I started
that my 6-line would stop trying to kill every other fish in the tank
that I had never bought the 6-line
that I was cold-hearted enough to flush the 6-line
that somebody would catch the 6-line, so I could flush the little bastard and laugh myself silly while he swirls down the toilet
that my kids weren't so attached to the 6-line, so I could catch it and flush the little bastard and laugh myself silly while he swirls down the toilet
that I'd never bought the 6-line
that somebody would catch the 6-line, so I could flush the little bastard and laugh myself silly while he swirls down the toilet
that my kids weren't so attached to the 6-line, so I could catch it and flush the little bastard and laugh myself silly while he swirls down the toilet

:frustrat: I LOATHE my 6-line wrasse.

haha that really sucks. I LOVE my sixline. I hear its really hit and miss. he got along great with my flame angel and lavender tang. now he's with my vlamingi and koran. so there is no way he's killing either of them. of course you'll need a much larger tank to house it with fish like that

Last edited:
I wish I had:

gotten a regular shaped tank
gotten the overflows in the corners instead of the center
gotten a different stand so I could house a larger sump/fuge
not gotten as much rock as I did!
and last, not gotten a custom built sump that doesn't come close to housing what it was custom built to house!

so far these are my only regrets:Cheers:

I wish:

that I'd bought a bigger tank, like 120g+
that I'd decided to use this 30g tank for a sump instead of a DT
that I had used a sump instead of a HOB refugium
that I hadn't wasted $500 on crappy equipment when I started
that my 6-line would stop trying to kill every other fish in the tank
that I had never bought the 6-line

:frustrat: I LOATHE my 6-line wrasse.

I take it that Rc dont like his six-line.:fechten2:

putter- I would have liked it a lot more if my overflow was down the sides too. a massive overflow down the center is kinda lame. but oh well. I still love having a 180 gallon tank!

I wish I had a reef ready tank. Drilled would be cool. I think a center overflow would be killer because you could pile up the rocks around it and still have sand on all sides.

Center overflows aint all their cracked up to be.
I thought the same thing myself.But now I wish my 75 had corner over flows.

Back