The Mrs. Has Won!!

613ReefGuy

Reefing newb
So I received my final shipment from Aquatraders today (I know there are lots of mixed reviews....but this hobby is expensive, so they have been my source.)

I had one powerhead circulating water in my rubbermaid with my live rock waiting until I finish all my sump plumbing. Todays package from Aquatraders included:
2 more powerheads
1 300w heater
1 Metal halide hanging kit
1 700gph pump

While unpacking the power heads my girlfriend asked me "What are these for" refering to the plastic tubes with an air valve on them. I paid zero attention to these on the first one, and told her "They are not needed, but let me see if they make a difference".......There is no way to discribe how quickly ones self esteem gets crushed when the sound of the water goes from a trickle and turns into a whirlpool!!!

So now I just have to find a way to hide the plastic tubes, because I think they will look ugly. Do other powerheads have these, and what do you guys do to hide them?

As most of you know Aquatraders has no instructions, and there was one of these plastic tubes that was included with the pump, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how it is used unless the cover is taken off, because it will not close with that adapter inserted in the intake. Anyone have one of these pumps? How did you hook it up?

Lastly, has anyone had success making a stand to hang the lights from? I cannot drill into the ceiling since this is a retal apartment.

Thanks for all of your help.

Sincerly,
Crushed Ego

Last edited:
Well you really don't use those air injectors if you are running a saltwater tank.beware of the micro bubble salt creep will be the end of us all.you are better off just pointing one of your powerheads towards the surface for gas exchange

Back