The new family additions

Sarah, have you any experience with feeding corals with Cyclops-eeze (bio-engineered and cultured micro-crustaceans), take a look at my naughty H.Crispa

I'm not Sarah but anyhoo.Cyclopeeze is great for fish that eats it like anthias and firefish.Larger fish will ignore it completely since it is so small.Many corals will consume it as well....torch,frogspawn,gonioporas to name a few.

Congrats,did you get the Maxspect LED?

I'm not Sarah but anyhoo.Cyclopeeze is great for fish that eats it like anthias and firefish.Larger fish will ignore it completely since it is so small.Many corals will consume it as well....torch,frogspawn,gonioporas to name a few.

Congrats,did you get the Maxspect LED?

I was expecting my KR92 Led's this week but they keep making excuses, this week it's a problem with 2x72" lights so it holds up mine, but what can you do when they come from Hong Kong

Allen

Allen, I would trade that Anemone to the LFS for some credit, before it implodes. JMO

+1 DCan. There's a general rule of thumb that you shouldn't add an anenome for approx. 1 year after the tank is up and stable. I don't know alot about anenomes because I don't have one, but what I've read is that when they die, they can and will release toxins that have the potential to kill your fish in your tank. I don't know if that is only some anenomes or all of them. Just in case you're not aware.

+1 DCan. There's a general rule of thumb that you shouldn't add an anenome for approx. 1 year after the tank is up and stable. I don't know alot about anenomes because I don't have one, but what I've read is that when they die, they can and will release toxins that have the potential to kill your fish in your tank. I don't know if that is only some anenomes or all of them. Just in case you're not aware.

The H.Crispa has been in my tank since 10/04/10 and has seemed quite content, i'm now sweating on delivery of my LED'S

Allen:frustrat:

The H.Crispa has been in my tank since 10/04/10 and has seemed quite content, i'm now sweating on delivery of my LED'S

Allen:frustrat:
Some more photo's

Attachments

• fish23 resized.jpg
    fish23 resized.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 299
  • fish22 resized.jpg
    fish22 resized.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 275
  • fish21 resized.jpg
    fish21 resized.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 306
  • fish2 resized x.jpg
    fish2 resized x.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 305
That's good to hear!! I bet your tank's colors will pop under those lights.

Sarah, I have just purchased a Sarcophyton Leather, a lovely specimen from a well thought of lfs, but the rock it is attached to has bubble algae on it is it a problem for me and if so what would you do :frustrat:

Allen

Attachments

• 001 bubble algae on leather coral.jpg
    001 bubble algae on leather coral.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 296
Allen,While your waiting on your lights,feed that anemone something like silversides or pieces of raw table shrimp every couple of days.That will help it keep its energy up until it gets the light it needs.

Allen,While your waiting on your lights,feed that anemone something like silversides or pieces of raw table shrimp every couple of days.That will help it keep its energy up until it gets the light it needs.

Cheers mate, I am fed up to the teeth with the excuses, was the volcanic ash , now it's a mix up with paper work, I din't think they want us to have the LED's, the anemone is feeding well, trouble is those greedy Tang's try to take the food out of her mouth, one might end up inside her one day lol. Did you see my post about bubble algae, I bought a sarcophyton Leather on a piece of live rock only to find it was smothered in the bubble algae, have tried to remove it by hand and brush, is it a problem?

Allen

That looks like grape caulerpa, not bubble algae. You can peel it off by its tendrils. They can sick pretty well, so do the best you can manually removing it. Your tangs might actually like to eat the caulerpa -- a lot of them do.

That looks like grape caulerpa, not bubble algae. You can peel it off by its tendrils. They can sick pretty well, so do the best you can manually removing it. Your tangs might actually like to eat the caulerpa -- a lot of them do.

Thanks once again Sarah, what would we do without you, I hoped my lfs wouldn't sell coral with bubble algae attached, I did ask the girl who served me and she said the Tangs would eat it, I have removed as much as I could without damaging the coral, I believe the sarcophyton leathers are pretty fast growing? Whats the weather like where you live, we are having a heatwave, tell me are chillers worth considering if the weather gets too hot, because they seem quite expensive, do you have one installed, did I tell you my UV Steriliser actually blew up, I know I got it off e-bay but the manufactures replaced it foc.

Allen

I don't use a chiller. You can buy one of those clip-on fans at stores like Walmart or Target (I don't know what a comparable store would be where you live!). They cost less than $10, and if you clip it on to the side of the tank or side of the sump so that it's blowing air across the surface of the water, you can drop your tank's temperature by up to 10 degrees. I use a couple of those, since chillers are so expensive.

I don't use a chiller. You can buy one of those clip-on fans at stores like Walmart or Target (I don't know what a comparable store would be where you live!). They cost less than $10, and if you clip it on to the side of the tank or side of the sump so that it's blowing air across the surface of the water, you can drop your tank's temperature by up to 10 degrees. I use a couple of those, since chillers are so expensive.

Yeah, got a clip on fan bit more than $10, £11, still cheap over here, Sarah, still having problems with nitrate, even with a extra water chang this week (2) still high, I think my bubble coral has died could this be the problem, I say it's dead no bubble formed today only flat things? the good news is my Led's are coming this week hooooooraaaay

Allen :frustrat:

Last edited:
It's hard to say if your bubble died without a picture. If it's dead, you would only see the skeleton. That could definitely have harmed your water quality. What kind of water do you use for the water changes? Tap water? Or RODI water?

It's hard to say if your bubble died without a picture. If it's dead, you would only see the skeleton. That could definitely have harmed your water quality. What kind of water do you use for the water changes? Tap water? Or RODI water?

Biff, I am sure it's dead, removed it from tank today abd as I lifted it a large slimey bubble type floated off but could not catch it, have placed it in a snall tank with heater and some live rock.

Allen

Attachments

• 003 bubble coral resized.jpg
    003 bubble coral resized.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 255
Regarding the water changes, I buy ready mixed salt water from my lfs

Allen

Back