The New Kid

Guitarfish

Reefing newb
Hello--

I am a bit frustrated with my 125 gallon salt water set up. It seems to be experiencing more and more salt creep lately. I posted a message about it.

I have added impellers and changed brands of salt in the past 18 months or so. I don't know if either of these things could cause it. Since this is one of the older tanks (1997) with the wood trip along the top and bottom, I am wondering if I have been running the water level too high?

Anyway, I hope this is a good reference spot. Some of my local dealers try to help, but I think they want to sell me new gear as well (that's why they are in business).

I might be changing from my trusty Remora C Pro skimmer if my creep problem doesn't improve. I am thinking that anything coming out of the tank (cords, hoses, etc) could be increasing my salt creep.

Thanks!
Fred

Welcome to the site! I replied to your other thread. Not much help I can offer without seeing your setup and where the creep is coming from. I'm not sure if the brand of salt matters, because it would creep no matter what brand I would think.

Hello and welcome, glad to have you. Your powerheads may be rippling a little water over the edge of the tank, causing the salt creep.

Back