The Official Build Thread Of Slm32123 (Steve)

slm32123

Reefing newb
Hey guys, I finally ordered ALL of my equipment that I still needed for my 75 gallon build. I know I made a thread previously, but it is about 3 months old now, and definitely dead. So I will link that thread so I won't have to post all the pictures again. So here's the old thread...
Pictures start on page 5, the first 4 pages are discussion on which lights to get. https://www.livingreefs.com/slm32123-75-gallon-build-t27987.html

I will keep you all updated, as boxes and boxes of stuff arrive!:^: I expect the first shipment to get here sometime around tuesday or wednesday next week.

Oops. Just remembered, I still need the plumbing equipment... AND A RETURN PUMP!:frustrat:

Ok guys, I just redid the silicone in the tank. I took a lot of pictures, now i just have to wait until tuesday and i will do a leak test, ive never resealed a tank, so hopefully it will all hold perfectly!

Well everyone... ALL MY EQUIPMENT IS HERE!:boldblue: Now if I could just get my card-reader to work so I could post pics...:frustrat:

I know how pics are like your guys' crack... hahaha :rofl:

Finally got the pictures onto my computer! :^:

The first ones are going to be of redoing the sealant in the tank.
Picture002.jpg

The old silicone
Picture003.jpg

And the bottom old silicone
Picture004.jpg

All the old stripped out
Picture006.jpg

Here it is all taped up and ready to begin sealing
Picture007.jpg

I think this is the tank after resealing
Picture009.jpg

Heres the new stuff
Picture010.jpg

And heres what I used, just over 1 tube was needed!
Picture005.jpg

Ok everyone ive got another update for all of you, Heres the boxes i came home to on monday... they totaled up to about 97 pounds

The boxes
Picture011.jpg

The first box, 50 lbs of dry rock
Picture012.jpg

The second box had everything except my heaters... RO/DI, powerheads(wrong ones), and my octopus DH-B300 HOB skimmer
Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture020.jpg

The other box was just the heaters. I originally ordered 2 300 watt hydor theos, but they were out of stock, and didnt advertise them as out of stock on the site, so they asked me if i would be alright with the more accurate finnex heaters for no extra cost. So of course I obliged :D

Picture015.jpg

Nice stuff!

Great job on the silicone.It needed it.

Thanks
Oh yeah it definitely needed it. I wasn't even halfway tempted to risk a leak about a week after I set it up.

Just wish I would have been smart enough to order the right powerheads the first time, now I have to wait for them to get exchanged from BRS, luckily its only in wisconsin and im in indiana

And even more!!:bounce:

Picture040.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture046.jpg

And all of that came in these 3 boxes.
Picture030.jpg

I have some more pics of the lights, ro/di, and skimmer that I still need to upload

Also, Here is the aquascape I decided for the dry rock, I will be adding all of my live rock in on top of this as well however.

FTS
Picture025.jpg

Left Side
Picture027.jpg

Right Side
Picture028.jpg

Little closer FTS
Picture026.jpg

Back