The Official Build Thread Of Slm32123 (Steve)

They actually locked into each other perfectly, no matter how much i push forward, back, down, on a side, they do not budge at all. I may have to fasten the LR on somehow, But I hope not

I had to get the HOB skimmer, it was the only one that was in stock during the group buy, I didn't a HOB in the first place, but it was the only option

Had to do a little bit of a modification to my lights, but now I will be able to use the canopy! it looks so much better with the canopy.

I will post pics as soon as i get the time.

I thought it was time for a new update.

P1040508.jpg

P1040518.jpg

P1040519.jpg

Those tank shots were before adding in the black sand, these are after.

P1040520.jpg

And heres my sump setup

This is the return chamber
P1040516.jpg

This is the refugium/skimmer/overflow chamber (10g tank) which is then pumped into the above chamber
P1040515.jpg

And this is just behind the tank, where you can see plumbing, overflow box, and skimmer
P1040517.jpg

And here are the lights, all mounted in.
P1040511.jpg

Had to mod the fixtures to get them to fit into the canopy, so I cut off part of the plastic cover, and then drilled 2 holes the size of the wires to mount them in. and this is how it turned out!
P1040512.jpg

WOW! EXCELLENT work steve. You've done a great job and have made some serious progress! I love the rockwork and hows its all open on the sand it looks reallly good. Cant wait to see more!

i ordered it from marine depot, it was about 20 bucks a bag shipped. one bag came with a small tear in the top and lost about a pound so they shipped out another bag for me

Thanks BL1, The other problem I have is I don't know how many of each to get to have enough. And do you know how much shipping costs?

Back