The Official Build Thread Of Slm32123 (Steve)

Im working on my 75 right now... I see you got the koralia 3's you will have to tell me how they work for the 75 cuz thats what Im leaning towards

well right now I have nothing in the tank except a few crabs and snails. But I have one on the left front pointed up and towards the back. And the other is on the right rear, pointed forwards and down a little. It isnt throwing sand around, and i have really fine sand. so right now I think they are working out perfectly!

Hey guys, heres what is underneath the stand! Right to left, the first pic is of my storage, various test kits, salt, and additives. Second is the start of the sump, the first chamber is the water in, the second is the refugium/skimmer, and the last is the return.

104_0720.jpg

104_0721.jpg

104_0725.jpg

And heres the skimmer itself. Works amazingly!
104_0722.jpg

104_0718.jpg

Now heres the tank itself, I think you guys will all know what everything is, if you dont, feel free to ask!

104_0709.jpg

104_0704.jpg

104_0714.jpg

104_0715.jpg

104_0711.jpg

104_0710.jpg

104_0705.jpg

And the FTS!!!!!!!!!!
104_0702.jpg

Well like I said, I lost my kenya tree for some reason. and today I lost my feather duster. No idea what is going on yet.

oh ahha ok, well i will do all of my tests when i get back from work and let you know, but i just tested my ph and its at 8.2

sorry guys i forgot to do tests and right down all the parameters. I am running them right now, and i will post again to show my params.

Alright, Tests are all done, here are my params. I am going to do a water change in about an hour. 10 gallons is all i had enough salt for at the moment. I am going to have to switch to Reef Crystals since I can't afford anything else.

Salinity = 1.026
Temp = 77.5 - 78 (77.5 at night, 78 all day, or somewhere in between)
PH = 7.8 (I need to go get some ph up)
Alkalinity = 161
Phosphate = .1
Nitrate = 0
Nitrite = .2
Ammonia = 7.5

I still can not get the ammonia down!

Well I went to petco to get some more salt, closest place and the roads are terrible so i didnt want to go much further. while I was there I picked up some Nutrafin Cycle. It says on the back that it should take 3 days, so hopefully within 3 days I will see my ammonia begin to drop. IF this doesnt work, I will try something else, most likely Bio-Spira

What is something that I can make to go over my overflow box to cover the top? My tang keeps getting pulled down into it.

Back