The Official Build Thread Of Slm32123 (Steve)

Haha, Thanks everyone! The green lights are actually the same LED strip that the blue one is, but the green is over my refugium. I got the greens because the company screwed up and sent me green first instead of blue.

I was wanting to get a sand sifting star, but I figured its a little risky, seeing as how they are almost always buried in the sand, and I wouldnt know if it died or not until it was to late. So I decided to get a cucumber, and of course, the one I got ended up being a pink and yellow knobby cuke, so he is a filter feeder not a sand sifter. :frustrat: So now I have to decide whether to try and take him back to the store, or just keep him, and attempt to keep up with his dietary needs.

I don't think the filter feeding cukes are that hard to take care of. Do you have other filter feeders in your tank, like feather dusters and sponges? How are they doing?

I only have the tang in there remember? I had ammonia forever and it killed everything except the tang. So I don't know how the filter feeders will do just yet.

hey guys.wells its been a looooong time since ive updated you all. about 2 weeks ago i purchased several frags. and 2 perculas. so far they are all doing well except my frogspawn. and i believe the frogspawn is due to my inability to figure out the flow.

So what I need to know is, where do you think would be the best positioning of my powerheads to create some areas of high flow, medium flow, and low flow. i would like the low flow to be near the sand bed. and the high to be up near the lights for when i begin to get sps. but right now I am mainly worried about the frogspawn getting into an area of low flow.

I would get a couple more powerheads for the middle of your tank. But i would move that frogspawn to the right side under that powerhead. Lower the powerhead a little bit so that the frogspawn get flow from the intake draft of that powerhead.

are you sure on more powerheads? each of those are 1050 gph. and i have about 500gph from the 2 returns. one return is in the middle of the tank

It just seems like you would have a really big dead spot in the center. I might be wrong though. I think im just flow crazy, my tank is like a hurricane.

lol. actually with the powerheads aimed the way they are.
they both go towards the front center near the top.
then hit each other and drop down.
then in the very center it goes straight back, then up and back to the outsides.
and at the same time goes diagonally back and up towards the powerheads flowing up the faces of the rocks.

i will try to make a video of it when i feed the tank sometime to show the flow

Back