The official Hawkfish and friends thread

Why don't we start a new thread...Hawkfish and friends! :Cheers: We can have pics posted, information about them for those who are interested. Just a thought.

Thats a great looking tank Nj.

David,A flame hawk is usually alright with shrimp and stuff,as long as the shrimp was in the tank before the hawkfish.
And their not known to carpet surf.But as with any fish,it can still happen.

Why don't we start a new thread...Hawkfish and friends! :Cheers: We can have pics posted, information about them for those who are interested. Just a thought.

How bout in the reef fish forums?
Say the word and I'll move this thread there and change the title.

Thats a great looking tank Nj.

David,A flame hawk is usually alright with shrimp and stuff,as long as the shrimp was in the tank before the hawkfish.
And their not known to carpet surf.But as with any fish,it can still happen.

Thanks Yote! Still a work in progress, up and running since first week of January!
Just don't want to overstock it, there are too many fish in the sea!!!!:mrgreen:

Here was mine in the eel tank. The flame hawk standoff.

100_1228.JPG

You have a nice looking tank.I consider them reef safe-ish,did have one years ago eat a maroon clown.

David your sexy shrimps will be toast.

You have a nice looking tank.I consider them reef safe-ish,did have one years ago eat a maroon clown.

David your sexy shrimps will be toast.

Reeffreak, are you sure about the sexy shrimp? I heard if you have the ornamental shrimp in the tank then add a small Hawk you should be ok. Granted any fish who is hungry may eat what they need to feed themselves. My Flame is just over an inch long, very docile but then again I only have a skunk cleaner. Awesome fish, and if I am not mistaken you can add other Hawks, yes?

Back