Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bifferwine

I am a girl
See this thread: https://www.livingreefs.com/potm-suggestion-t24979.html

It has been brought up that perhaps we should have a theme each month for POTM. The categories have yet to be decided, but this could perhaps make the competition a bit more interesting, and would challenge the participants.

What do you think? Should we keep POTM as-is, and have entries be whatever you want every month, or should we have set themes for each month, and people's submissions have to fit the theme?

(As I said before, the specific themes are to be determined).

I like the idea, but it would have to be something of a fairly broad scope so that anyone who wanted to send an entry could do so. for example, maybe do it by classifications, inverts, fish, etc..

Edit- You actually gave specific instructions to read the thread...I read it after I posted...Good idea.

The themed galleries are lots of fun but I enjoy seeing what people come up with each month. The variety is awesome and I wouldn't want to stifle someone's vision just because they wanted a particular 'theme' shot. I say keep it the way it is.

C

That's a very good point Catherine. I think if we have a themed POTM contest each month there will be fewer entries in some of them.

Good points above but am I the only one that tires of hosting clownfish pics? I know they are the easiest to take. Perhaps a challenge would bring out the best in our photogs.

Well, some of the months can still be "anything goes", like the list posted in the previous thread. but I think challenging ourselves to move beyond clowns is good...

Also, who said the themes have to be fish, inverts, corals. Why couldnt it be something like green, lines, or even night shots. That would still give everyone a chance to be creative and shoot what ever they wanted. Say it was green, We could get any amount of LPS, SPS, Nems, Polyps, fish, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back