Therapeutic copper?

Ok, so I found a new saltwater shop about 45 minutes from me. I was checking out their site and love the amount of fish and cuc they have in stock. BUT, as I was checking out the fish page I noted "our fish are kept in a therapeutic level of .15 to .2 ppm copper." I have never heard of this. Have any of you? Now, I know that copper is awful for your tank and I am worried that plopping a fish that has been hanging out in copper into my tank might be bad for future inverts. What do you guys think?
"Aquatic Technology, Marine and reef aquarium supplies, live rock, metal halide, fluorescent and vho lighting, cleveland, Ohio

They do that to prevent ich. I really don't think enough copper could get on the fish to harm anything.

So it's a good thing. It will lessen the fish's chance of having and getting ich.

My lfs does the same thing...keep their fish system separate from their other systems because they run copper in the tanks. It eliminates parasites, and makes me more comfortable to add their fish to my tank, because they've already been quarantined.

Back