They're here!!!!!

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
One is looking great I'm worried about the other. They are floating in their bags in my tank. Number 1 is swimming about looking curiously at the tank, the other one is kind of laying in his bag but he's moving. Heres pics:

seahorse.jpg

seahorse2.jpg

More pics soon!!!!

dont be worried, its probably just stress from the shipping, fish can look dead but as soon as you acclimate them they act like nothing ever happened. just acclimate normally and see what happens with him

I wouldnt stress over it. The fish needs to get use to his new surroundings and his new home. He should be fine, he just a little shookin up!

I just let them into the tank, they are so beautiful!!!!! I turned the lights off because they seem befuddled, bumping into things and such. I also turned off my flow thingies because they were a bit strong. My hob and skimmer is moving water a bit. OHHHH, this is soooo coooollll!!! i think I've got two females, can't find a pouch. !!!!!!!!!!

Here they are:

horsey2.jpg

horsey.jpg

They're not eating. They seem interested in the food but aren't tanking it. I hope they eat soon! Aren't they beautiful?

Now those are some good looking sea horses.
Give them a day or 2.Like any other fish,they need time to settle in and get used to everything.

They are acting like they are doing feeding behaviors, they've both wrapped their tails around some seaweed and are looking intently at the rocks and grass. Every now and then they pick at something. I think they just aren't into the frozen brine shrimp I'm offering them. I've ordered live brine shrimp and more pods they should be here Friday. I've got tons of pods being made in my tank but with all the moving around today they are kind of spread out.

We've got one named Calypso and working on the little one. This is soo cool!

You mean the creepy tentacle guy from Pirates of the Carribean, my daughter is telling me Davy Jones had a thing with Calypso? I was thinking of the name of Jaque Cousteau's boat with for Calypso. I guess the other will be named Pegasus: The child of Posidon and Medusa born in the sea.

My daughter just corrected me. Pegasus was born when the blood of the severed head of Medusa (who was pregnant by Poseidon at the time of her demise), anyway, when the blood was spilled into the sea, Pegasus sprang forth from the waves. Pegasus was also the steed of Bellaraphon when he killed the Cimera and became Zeus' own mount later. My daughter has a thing for Greek mythology, can you tell? She's rolling her eyes at me because she had to explain this. Oh, to be sixteen and know everything......

Last edited:
Back