They're here!!

I emailed liveaquaria last night when I pulled him out. It must've just happened when I caught him. His eyes weren't even "dead fish glassy" yet.
Everything that I've read about these fish says the two big issues are learning to eat frozen (which he did, plus picking at the rocks) and shipping. I was ever so slightly worried about him when I first put him in the tank, he sat on a trumpet skeleton for about five minutes, but he was swimming around for hours. I have a glass top on my tank. Could the lights turning off spooked him and he tried to jump and hit his head hard enough to hurt himself? I'm really at a loss here...

i dont think the males ship well, i have a friend that whent through 3 males befor he got one that lived through the first week, and that one dug into the sand for about 2 weeks.

I was thinking the same thing. He seemed a little more shook up than she did. I haven't seen her yet this morning, but she was the only one hiding yesterday, so I'm not going to freak out about it yet.

Very sorry to hear that! I doubt it was the glass though. My goby would repeatedly bang his head on the glass EVERY night until I made my DIY screen top. I still hear him splashing around at night he immediately stops when I turn on the blue LEDs I think he is afraid of the dark LOL

Hopefully they will replace him and the new one will make it they are really pretty!

So quick update. Liveaquaria credited my account for the fish and the shipping charges.
I think I'm going to give it one more shot...
My female is doing pretty well. I generally don't see her until after noon, but when she's out she's swimming around and picking at the rocks. She's been ignoring the frozen food so far, but seemed slightly interested in it yesterday, so hopefully we're on the right track there.

Pictures with my fanceh camera.
DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

Sorry to hear, Erin...I hate unexplained deaths. I've had a couple of those. Always heartbreaking. Good luck on your next one! Let's hope he does better!

Glad to hear the company honored their extended "live" warranty, most lfs won't even give overnite warranty. Satisfied customers make for good return business. Good luck Erin.

Thanks everyone. I got my "replacement" today. He's dripping right now. He looks good (swimming, etc) in the bucket. But the other one did too.
I'll put pics up in a bit.
If this one doesn't make it I'm throwing in the towel. I wouldn't feel right continuing to kill these fish for reasons unknown.

Glad to hear the company honored their extended "live" warranty, most lfs won't even give overnite warranty. Satisfied customers make for good return business. Good luck Erin.
very true...
Erin ,hope your luck is better with this on.....look forward to pics

Back