They're here!!

Yeah... it didn't.
I have pics of him acclimating in the bucket if you'd like to see them, but he's gone already.
I set him over by the rocks, and he swam towards the bottom of the tank, maybe about three inches before the snowflake grabbed him in the stomach. I don't know how much longer he would've lasted, because the second the snowflake touched him, his midsection pretty much exploded with little white worms all over the place. I treated the tank with Prazipro, just in case this is a multi-species parasite.
So that's it. No more boys for me. :(

Thanks anyway, guys.

So sorry for your bad experience with the two males, your female is beautiful! From what you said about the belly full of worms, sick...you can take comfort that there was nothing you could have done to prevented the deaths. LA is good for it I am sure, too bad you had to experience that. Makes me wonder how long they had it and do they treat for parisites, quarantine before shipping to customers. I know some of the suppliers state that is their practice. I wouldn't give up, it's not you! Happy reefin'

I have pics of him acclimating in the bucket if you'd like to see them, but he's gone already.
I set him over by the rocks, and he swam towards the bottom of the tank, maybe about three inches before the snowflake grabbed him in the stomach. I don't know how much longer he would've lasted, because the second the snowflake touched him, his midsection pretty much exploded with little white worms all over the place.

OH MY GOD!!! No way. That's horrible!!

It was totally disgusting.

And yeah... that's why I had the prazipro already. I saw the female poo, and it looked normal so I hadn't used it. But seriously. Eew. I don't really fault the eel, though. I figure if he was that packed with nasties, he had to smell pretty yummy to a scavenger.

It was totally disgusting.

And yeah... that's why I had the prazipro already. I saw the female poo, and it looked normal so I hadn't used it. But seriously. Eew. I don't really fault the eel, though. I figure if he was that packed with nasties, he had to smell pretty yummy to a scavenger.

I would agree with that.... eels don't usually attack a fish unless hurt so the lil guy probably sensed something and thought it was a free meal.

I wouldn't give up! call LA back, tell them about what happened and try ONE more time... third times always a charm ;)

You think? I dunno. I feel like it's my fault somehow. I was thinking of getting something else. I'll have about $100 in liveaquaria credit. I was thinking about some dwarf angels.

I'm also thinking that Kobayashi may need to go in a different tank. We have a 55 sitting empty in the basement.

Back