Think I am addicted. New corals again today !

Lesely

Reefing newb
Sold a couple of my larger corals during the week, thought there was a few empty spaces.. hubby not happy lol
038.JPG
040.JPG

These are awesome and amazingly hard to find. Expensive, too.
Sold here in Australia as a starburst Only $35. If some one could I'd it for me that would be great I just bought it because it looked pretty. Lol. Just looked it up and it appears it is an encrusting montipora. ? Do u know if it needs any particular care/ light requirements ?

Last edited:
Shouldn't. Montis are pretty easy. Medium light and medium flow keep them happy. The other one is a red cnidarina. Its an LPS that likes a slow-moderate flow with moderate to high lighting.

Sold here in Australia as a starburst Only $35. If some one could I'd it for me that would be great I just bought it because it looked pretty. Lol. Just looked it up and it appears it is an encrusting montipora. ? Do u know if it needs any particular care/ light requirements ?
That very helpful thanks.
I have one question to ask though, I have a true red cnidarina,(or so I thought) When I bought this red one I thought it was the same just not as healthy as my original. But they are def. two different corals. the large true cnidarna has one large month that eats hole pieces of meat (he is a pig) the new little one I bought does not eat in the same way, he closes his red bubbles and a bunch of feeding tentacles come out from around the outside of him. So I dont think he is what you are saying ? Or the other original one is not what your saying because they are not the same corals ?
the original coral is my avatar ? The new one is what ?
ID would be fantastic.
thanks

Back