Thinkin 10G sump

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
Anyone have a good link to a schematic for a 10G sump? I'm gonna have an empty 10G when I startup my 29G long. There's enough space in my stand to stash the 10g, only problem is that I'll have to wiggle it in my stand. If I can I'd like to just get a HOB overflow box into the sump, with my remora skimmer, then some filters(LR or just elements), then return pump. Not sure if thats totally correct, never really looked into them besides the 3mins previous to this post. I'm a pretty damn handy person so I have confidence that I could make this work. Some advice would be helpful though. Maybe sometime in the future I could turn it into a fuge???? WHO KNOWS!! lol

Alright, I've been lookin around at other peoples setup and have the general idea. Anyone have any tips pertaining to equipment? If I do the sump I'll be using a HOB Overflow box.

Make sure to get the box that uses the U style tube and is rated for around 600GPH.Then look at something along the lines of a mag drive 5 for the return pump.

if i were you i would make sure that you have a stop valve somewhere between your return pump and aquarium that way you can fine tune the flow rate to match it perfectly if you have a 300gph overflow and a 600gph pump the pumps gunna be to big and pump all the water out.. with the stop valve you can slow the water down by closing the valve half way...half the pump=300gph thats just an example

that stop valve will save you as long as the pump is powerful enough you cant go wrong...

Back