Thinking About Getting Blue Cespitularia Coral

dankolle

Reefing newb
Hey guys, I am thinking about getting this Blue Cespitularia coral. It is supposed to be a beautiful blue coral that is translucent almost, but is a lot like Xenia. Does anyone have experience with this coral?

Hey guys, I am thinking about getting this Blue Cespitularia coral. It is supposed to be a beautiful blue coral that is translucent almost, but is a lot like Xenia. Does anyone have experience with this coral?

Research, research research. Make sure your tank is ready for it.

Thats kind of what I am asking...does anyone know any special requirements this might need? Most of the resources I have read said it is just like xenia which is growing like crazy in my tank. It's growing so well I am going to be moving it to the sump and start cultivating it as a filter.

All my levels are 0, temp is stable, and my salinity is spot on. Having said that...I am going to probably crash my system since I think I have it "under control"! : )

Yep my anthelia is the same way. I got a tiny frag when I was a newbie and I just sold off like 3 completely covered rocks to other unsuspecting reefers for $5 each LOL

Its good to learn and its awesome to watch it grow but those fast growing ones are always annoying in the end.

Are you ordering it online? If so, pictures can be deceptive and many sites that sell it sell something that isn't quite as blue as you'd think it is. If you see it in person before you buy it, you can ensure that the color is what you want.

Back