Thinking of adding 4 fish at once

recliner

Reefing newb
On saturday I'm going to do a re-aquascape and will be removing (and selling) a 5" sleeper banded goby and a 3.5" falco hawkfish.
I'm planning on replacing them with a fox face and an orange butterfly an hour later. Since I already have the bacteria to support that amount of fish, is that like not adding any fish? If it is, I'd like to also add a small sailfin tang and flame angel.
Am I wrong in thinking the bacteria level in my 150 gal tank could handle this? I have ~200 pounds of live rock.

Ummm...well it kinda depends in your signature it says one week for how long your tank has been up. I dont think that can be right. If you have had these fish for a while I dont see it being a big problem. Just have water ready for if you do get a spike.

What other fish do you have in the tank? You are replacing the two you are getting rid of with some bigger poopers. You can probably get away with it but there is a risk with a change in the bioload those four fish will create. If it were me I would add two now then two a few weeks later.

In your case it would probably be fine, since you are removing fish from the tank. To be on the safe side though, I would have some saltwater mixed up and test for ammonia for a few days just to be safe

My tank has had all the current fish in it for close to six months. I always have about 30 gallons on hand of new saltwater.
Maybe I'll just go with 2. The lfs probably won't have 4 fish that I want all at one time anyway.
After I get rid of the sleeper banded goby my biggest fish will be my 4" tomini tang. I'm wanting fish smaller then that.

Back