thinking of adding these fish to my tank , what do you think?

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
so since i upgraded the 29G tank i want to add a few more fish, slowly of course

what do yall think

so far i have a maroon clown and a purple firefish, and green mandarin , the yellow clown goby got severe ich and didnt make it unfortunately, but that was about a week prior to the upgrade, 2 days and he was gone :(

i want to add another clown but im scared that the marron will bully it to death, so im actually thinking of trading him out and getting two naked clowns and introducing the together into the tank, my LFS has two that have been in the same tank , theyve had them for about 3-4 weeks and the look so cute lol

i also want to get another purple fire fish to be with the one i have right now

i also want to get a:

flame angel
bicolor blenny
and maybe a six line wrasse or a female Blue Star Leopard Wrasse

what do yall think would that be overkill? i know the blue star is considered for a 50G but wouild a 29 just be way to cramped

I think 8 fish in a 29 would end up being pretty cramped, I know how you feel though there's like 15 or 20 fish I want in my tank :grumble:. As far as the wrasses go, personally I'd go with the leopard over the six line but, they're kind of my obsession now. The only thing I'd worry about is either of those wrasses out-competing the mandarin for pods ... I don't remember, are you running a sump?

True, I'm looking at size on the fish for the most part their all small ,the biggest would probably be the wrasse, as far as the mandarin goes I probably take him to my lfs heck I have snails bigger than him now he's just too small and I dont just wanna lose him or malnourish.

Coming from a newbie..., but i think 8 fish in your tank would be overkill. I have a 30 gallon tank and i heard i am only allowed to have a max of 5 fish. I have also heard that flame will take a nip at your coral so jsut be careful. Hopefully one of the experts will chime in and give you better info. Why not try get more coral? IMO they will make your tank look nicer than fish.

you'll definitely love the leopard, if you can make sure to get one already eating frozen foods. That and parasites are one of the hardest parts of keeping them for longer then 3-4 months. If you do get one I would definitely suggest treating with Prazipro for the parasites. It's hard to say which one is my favorite but, all my leopards are my favorite fish in my tank.

Back