Thinking of becoming a Deer Hunter

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dcantucson, Nov 25, 2009.

1. dcantucson

dcantucson

Runners are plagued with health problems. Humans are not meant to be jarred like that. Not to mention the joint problems. Runners fall over dead from heart attacks frequently.

dcantucson, Nov 30, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. dcantucson

cthegame

yes dont run or you will die!:D

cthegame, Nov 30, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. dcantucson

dcantucson

No not all runners. :) Also all these things you guys are discussing are not that much of a factor when you're under 40.

When you get older your body cannot take the stress like it could when you were 25. You just cannot push yourself like you could when you were young.

dcantucson, Nov 30, 2009
  4. dcantucson

Bifferwine I am a girl

Oh geez you'd better not tell NDB that. He doesn't need yet another excuse for why he has gained weight!! ;)

Bifferwine, Dec 1, 2009
  5. dcantucson

Picasso Seahorse Whisperer

6. dcantucson

dcantucson

So much of it has to do with age and slowed metabolism. As you get older you continue to eat those 'bad' things that when you were young you could just burn off. Getting older sucks in many ways.:(

dcantucson, Dec 1, 2009
  7. dcantucson

cthegame

cthegame, Dec 1, 2009
  8. dcantucson

dcantucson

dcantucson, Dec 1, 2009
  9. dcantucson

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Y'all can have that lab grown meat if y'all want it.I'll keep my free ranging meat for myself:D

yote, Dec 1, 2009
  10. dcantucson

dcantucson

Another good reason to become a Deer Hunter! Wow, look at that I brought it full circle. :lol:

dcantucson, Dec 2, 2009
  11. dcantucson

cthegame

good one and pretty clever. :Cheers:

cthegame, Dec 2, 2009
    dcantucson likes this.
  12. dcantucson

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Ole Daves gettin pretty quick aint he :mrgreen:

yote, Dec 2, 2009
  13. dcantucson

project5k

better be carefull there Yote, his head is gonna swell up so big he wont fit in the forums if you keep that up :mrgreen:

project5k, Dec 2, 2009
  14. dcantucson

Ok, I know it sounds wrong but look at the environmental implications of something like this. That article states that they could feel lots and lots of people by using just a few cells of an animal. When you realize the impact of cattle farms on our planet this could be significant. What if you couldn't tell the difference? You walk into the supermarket and see the body parts wrapped in cellophane just like you do now and it's the same thing only it didn't have to die to be there? Nutritionally valid, pleasing to the pallet, environmentally sound... It seems to me that all of the prior arguments about being a carnivore just went out the window. If science can engineer a better way to get meat you guys are telling me you wouldn't consider it because it seems gross? How about growing chickens in rows and rows of cages where the birds don't ever have the chance to walk or see the light of day in their entire life? How about filling trucks with cattle and driving them standing in their own filth to the slaughterhouse where they are beaten in the head and killed? That's acceptable to you? If you are going to consume meat I believe you should at the very LEAST respect the life that animal gave to nourish you. How can you care about building a good reef environment for your fish/ corals and then turn around and say that you would rather have salmon that was put on your plate by using drag nets a.k.a. "walls of death" then to have fish meat that was produced without killing a single animal AND kept the environment in tact just because you can't change your mind? I support hunters because they respect their kills. I have no respect for someone that is not willing to change their own paradigm in order to respect animals and their lives or the environment of our planet.

Catherine

As reefers, I think we should encourage this type of research.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
    Picasso, Dec 2, 2009
  15. dcantucson

sen5241b

Maybe many people don't care because they realize humanity doesn't have much of a chance anyway.

sen5241b, Dec 2, 2009
  16. dcantucson

A rather fatalistic view isn't it? I believe in humanity. If you don't, stay out of the way while we try to save the planet. And, don't take our planet down just because you are a nihilist.

Catherine

Picasso, Dec 2, 2009
  17. dcantucson

daugherty part time reefer

people do need to respect were their food come from. and many dont care they will buy a side of beef and throw most of it away why because they have the money to go and buy another if they need. people nowdays just waste food among other things with no regard as to were it came from. i have heard people ask someone where eggs come from and lots of people said from the grocery store

daugherty, Dec 2, 2009
  18. dcantucson

project5k

personally, if it tastes the same, costs the same, has the same nutritional value, and is in all respects the same, then personally i dont care either way, if we can do it, and not screw up our planet any more than we already have, then i think thats a good thing,

but the flip side to it all is that i think that people need to be more aware of where your food comes from now, before they are allowed to "improve" cause i think that most people just wouldnt get it...

as a "hunter" and i use that term for myself VERY loosley, i know just how to put meat on my plate, not cause i enjoy the killing part, so much, but, so that if there were a crysis, i can provide for my family. well, that and its cheaper if i do most of the work myself... and time i got, money, not so much...

project5k, Dec 2, 2009
  19. dcantucson

sen5241b

I'm not a nihilist at all. We all need to try to do something. But be realistic --its the 21st century and nuclear proliferation shows now signs of stopping and the rest of the world seems powerless to do anything. Not to mention global warming, dwindling resources, ocean acidification, acid rain, ozone layer weakening, mass overpopulation and genocide. And you say the problem is that I'm fatalistic? Turn on the news.

sen5241b, Dec 2, 2009
  20. dcantucson

project5k

well, now that this has turned personal, i'm punching out.

project5k, Dec 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question