thinking of building my own tank

I want to build my own100 or 120g.tank..i dont know how much with it cost..has anyone build one..and is it better to buy one or build one...

I would probably suggest letting someone who has done it before make a tank. The risk's involved with that amount of water is a few too many for me to build my own tank.

I agree, I would let someone else build it. If you're looking to build it because you can't find the size you're looking for you could go to a company like Glasscages.com - Home they can make custom sizes for you.

Stag and BL are right.It'd be safer to leave tank building to the pros.That way there not as much risk of ruining the floor and walls.120 gallons of saltwater on the floor aint pretty.

You have to use pretty thick glass for a tank that size. If you've never done it before, and you still want to build your own, I'd suggest starting with small tanks for practice and working your way up!

Your going to need more than glass and silicone to build a tank.Equipment to cut,drill,polish and hold the glass pieces together is pricey. You may very well come out cheaper by letting someone professional build it for you.

Back