Thinking of getting a goby

I have 2 gobies and a blennie in a 125 and they get along fine. If you want a good sifter get a bullet goby. They are the best out there.

bulletgoby.jpg

I don't see any issues, with them getting along. As melosu said the dragon goby (bullet) are one of the best sifters. But diamonds and golden head sleepers are good to.

i have a diamond and hes pretty good at it... you can get a pistol shrimp for it to pair with, which would make a pretty entertaining team

i have a diamond and hes pretty good at it... you can get a pistol shrimp for it to pair with, which would make a pretty entertaining team

Sounds interesting, but I already have a couple of large cleaner shrimps and some small Peppermint Shrimp. Would the pistol shrimp compatible with them?

i have a goby and a blenny in a much smaller tank and they get along just fine. granted they are not the same species, i have a yellow watchman and a starry blenny, but i dont think you will have a problem

is the starry blenney red and white blotchy
if it is then i heard they are closely related to the mandarin family and are really hard to keep because of there eating habits
i had one that looked like it was doing fine for two months and then one day i just see my nassarius snails munching on the poor little guy. i know they didnt kill him cause the second i put my hand in the tank to adjust something he would dart offf leaving only a cloud of sand dust

Back