This Bites!

chuck78

The Reefanatic
Why is LiveAquaria.com now saying that you need @least 360 gallons to house a Vlamingii Tang? Not 2 months ago they stated that you needed a minimum of 180 gallons. This bites b/c I've had 1 on back order for 3 months @ my LFS & once my new tank completed it's cycle the vlam was gonna be my 1st new addition. BTW, I'm cycling this tank with 240lbs of LR!! 100 in DT & 140 in the fuge so it should'nt take very long.

Probably because they came to their senses, And realized that a fish that grows to be 24" long needs a bigger tank. I hope they eventually revise their other tangs as well.

I may still buy a juvenile b/c I am upgrading to a 350 gallon in 2014. I would have bought 350 instead of the new 220, but I don't have the room for it right now. I'll be buying a house bigger than my current home in 2014, but if he doesn't look happy in my 350 gallon, I suppose I'll be forced to donate him as a show fish to my fav LFS. @ least I'll know that he had a bunch of happier years with me than with some abusive scumbag that would'nt care as much. Kinda don't know if I want one now :(

A juvi should be fine in that large of tank for some time, but I know of two members on here that had them out grow their 240s but i dont know how long that took.

A juvi should be fine in that large of tank for some time, but I know of two members on here that had them out grow their 240s but i dont know how long that took.

Your opinion gives me alotta confidence. Thanx fish, but I think that I'm still on the fence about this one. I'm gonna do some more research before I come to my final conclusion. I'll keep you guys/gals posted.

Back