this just got interesting (political)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by jcegt87, Aug 29, 2008.

1. jcegt87

jcegt87 Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!

she governs a state that has 3600 like minded ppl

jcegt87, Sep 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. jcegt87

dustin_P74

her approval rating topped at 90% yote, and it has actually been in a decline for quite a while now

dustin_P74, Sep 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. jcegt87

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Show me a politician that hasnt dropped in approval during their term.Also show me one thats not stepped on toes.
    I'd bet a paycheck against a penny that if the media dug on Obama Biden,like they have McCain and Pilan,that there would be a lot of the same toe stompping and back stabbing come to light.

yote, Sep 2, 2008
  4. jcegt87

Bifferwine I am a girl

Her approval rating was near 90% at it's highest, but it hasn't been high recently because of her ethics scandal. In fact, in a poll, 87% of Alaskans though she was lying about the scandal and should be punished for her role in it.

Bifferwine, Sep 2, 2008
  5. jcegt87

Bifferwine I am a girl

C, you are right on.

Bifferwine, Sep 2, 2008
  6. jcegt87

Bifferwine I am a girl

So what does it hurt for them to wait to marry instead? The father can skip out on his responsibilities if he wants to, married or not. Although in this case, if that's what he was planning, he's totally screwed :D.

Bifferwine, Sep 2, 2008
  7. jcegt87

If he was planning on skipping out,Then I'm happy as hell that his future mother-in-law is running.If your gonna play,you gotta pay.Thats just life.
    I personally dont care if they get married or not.But I think that he should have to support the baby.Anybody else would have to.

yote, Sep 2, 2008
  8. jcegt87

Hornet

All the consent laws differ from state to state but same thing in Alaska.

Hornet, Sep 3, 2008
  9. jcegt87

dustin_P74

i love how john mccain is trying hes damnedest to win over the ron paul voters, yet he and the RNC released a press release today saying that " they have extra security staffed in case any anarchists or any unruly paul supporters decided to act out". and that to me doesnt sound like something you wanna call a person your trying to get to vote for you

dustin_P74, Sep 3, 2008
  10. jcegt87

cthegame

i doubt any real Ron Paul supporters will settle on McCain.

cthegame, Sep 3, 2008
  11. jcegt87

dustin_P74

well i know they wont, but he still wants them to vote for him and calling paul supporters anarchists just isnt smart

dustin_P74, Sep 3, 2008
  12. jcegt87

Hornet

It's a good old political strategy that's been used to great success in any type of govt. Call anybody that does not agree with your way unpatriotic.

I heard a quote somewhere recently that says this strategy dated back to some big communist guy. Don't get your panties in a bunch I'm not saying doing it is communist. Just saying that declaring the opposition as unpatriotic is a subtle way of trying to make you feel like your not a true American if you vote for the other guy.

I've been searching for more information on this quote I heard but can't remember enough info to do a good google search. The strategy was to get people fearing something and then lay out your way to ease their fears. Then declare any opposition unpatriotic.

Hornet, Sep 3, 2008
  13. jcegt87

Bifferwine I am a girl

Talk about unpatriotic, what does everyone think about Palin being part of that group that wanted Alaska to be independent from the US? If this shoe was on the other foot, the Repubs would be calling her anti-American, a traitor, etc. (which I think is true), but the McCain campaign and the right-wingers have been totally silent on this issue. Up until 1996, she was a member of the Alaskan Independence Party, whose main goal was for Alaska to break off as its own country.

Bifferwine, Sep 3, 2008
  14. jcegt87

jcegt87 Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!

WOW :shock:

i would love to see the Reps get out of this one haha

im stillthinking what you said biff maybe its just a stunt
    i mean mccain get a OBVIOUSLY bad candidate and at the last second hes gonna come out and say he made a bad choice and bam sneek someone else in for VP

jcegt87, Sep 3, 2008
  15. jcegt87

Bifferwine I am a girl

Among other things, she DID support that bridge to nowhere, she tried to get an extra $27 million in federal funding for her home town of only 9000 people (which is the kind of spending McCain is against), and up until LAST YEAR, she was supporting that Alaskan Independence Party. Just last year, she made a speech at a convention of the Alaskan Independence Party, where she supporting having a vote to overturn the 1958 vote that made Alaska a state.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/200....republicans20082?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

Bifferwine, Sep 3, 2008
  16. jcegt87

dustin_P74

after she makes her acceptance speech tonight is it legal to kick her out of the VP slot on the elephant ticket

dustin_P74, Sep 3, 2008
  17. jcegt87

The way things have went the last several years,I'd be all for succeeding from the union.

yote, Sep 3, 2008
  18. jcegt87

reeffreak

Yes,I know I'm so late to this party.

Biden=9,000 votes
    Clinton=18,000,000 votes

I really don't understand Obama's reason for picking Biden.Make no mistake,McCain vp choice is a ploy to get bitter women voters like my wife.

reeffreak, Sep 3, 2008
  19. jcegt87

sicklids salt water dummy

im just gonna say this and then im out, OBAMA IS GONNA WIN ANYWAY SO WHY WORRY? AMERICA WANTS A DEMOCRAT IN OFFICE AGAIN, HE SOLD OUT THE DENVER STADIUM, 85,000+ PEOPLE THERE AND 6 MILES OF CARS LINED UP TRYING TO GET THERE, NOT TO MENTION THE FOLKS OUTSIDE THE STADIUM TOO BOOT!!! thats all i got to say.

sicklids, Sep 4, 2008
  20. jcegt87

Hornet

How many times has the Presidential nominee selected the runner up from the primaries to be the VP?

IMO there is a reason the parties don't mandate that the winner of the primaries pick the runner up for VP. It is more important to pick somebody that you will fill comfortable being your right hand and somebody you trust to help you run the country.

Hornet, Sep 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question