this just got interesting (political)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by jcegt87, Aug 29, 2008.

1. jcegt87

dustin_P74

1. Advertisements

2. jcegt87

dustin_P74

you know whats weird that nobody has pointed out yet. is that everyone is commending sarah palins daughter for making the choice to keep the baby, yet sarah palin wants to make it to where nobody in this country gets that choice

dustin_P74, Sep 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. jcegt87

reeffreak

True but this is a pretty ''unique'' circumstances.How many democratic races have you seen that was so close.Maybe he didn't think America could handle a black man and white moman in the White House at the same time.Maybe he is bitter about the Clinton's attack on him,who really knows?

reeffreak, Sep 8, 2008
  4. jcegt87

Hornet

Probably came down to bitterness and just not knowing if she would respect his decisions once in office. If it was me I could see myself wondering what Billy boy and Hillary were doing and if they were plotting against me in hopes of possibly generating some interest for her to run in 2012.

On a side note I heard somebody call John McCain Buddy Lee last week :mrgreen:. I get a grin on my face every time I think about him as Buddy Lee

Hornet, Sep 8, 2008
  5. jcegt87

dustin_P74

dustin_P74, Sep 17, 2008
  6. jcegt87

Hornet

The sad thing is there will be some people that actually believe McCain had a hand in creating something that he would have to ask his kids how to turn on.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors out there to distort the views of people that don't take time to read up on things.

Hornet, Sep 17, 2008
  7. jcegt87

dustin_P74

and those people shouldnt be allowed to vote, i think everyone should have to take an IQ test before they can vote and that would eliminate anyone who would even hear that news and not laugh

dustin_P74, Sep 17, 2008
  8. jcegt87

Hornet

Sadly I doubt an IQ test would fix anything. I'd assume that there are a lot of people that are very smart but just rely on the bullet points they here in commercials and newscasts to make their decisions.

www.factcheck.org is a good site that dives deeper into the claims in the news from both sides.

Hornet, Sep 17, 2008
  9. jcegt87

Piggy

I don't care if your a democrate or a replublican. What I don't agree with is news channels taking one over the other. If you pay close attention you can tell whom they support. That what happens when you have the freedom of speech/press. I just want the facts about both candidates and make my own decision. I can tell from the postings on ths board that most are democrates.

Piggy, Sep 17, 2008
  10. jcegt87

cthegame

The news should not be a source for reliable information on anything. Tit's nothing but lame entertainment. Please do not vote based on what you see or hear in the news, just use google. Its your real best friend.

cthegame, Sep 17, 2008
  11. jcegt87

dustin_P74

yeah piggy if you want the real facts your gonna have to do the research on your own, also i dont think most people on here are donkeys, i just think most are voting for the person they like the most and right now that just happens to be obama. i mean i know when i turn 18 next year im not going to be for anyone, im just gonna make the best decision, if its dem or republican or independent i dont care, who ever is best for the job in my opinion gets my vote

dustin_P74, Sep 18, 2008
  12. jcegt87

Rcpilot

Lots of people thought Bush was the best guy to have a beer with and eat some BBQ. Where'd that get us? :shock:

I'd prefer the president was SMARTER than me. Couldn't care less what beer he likes to drink.

Rcpilot, Sep 18, 2008
  13. jcegt87

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

I thank its foolish to vote by party.
    I thank that with either one this time around,that the working man is screwed.
    Wish Fred Thompson hadnt of dropped out.

yote, Sep 18, 2008
  14. jcegt87

Rcpilot

I was raised to believe that a Republican politician never did anything for the workin' man. I can't understand how anybody who isn't a millionaire would vote for a Republican.

The current administration has done more to strip away the constitutional rights of the people than any administration in history. They talk about less government involvement in peoples' lives and then talk about banning gay marriage and abortions in the next breath. If that ain't government involvement, I don't know what is.

Leave me alone and stay outta my personal life. Regulate big business!! Regulate people like Exxonn and Microsoft. Big oil is making an average of $2 per gallon in PROFIT!!! Right now, fuel costs are dragging the country down into a hole. The entire country is seeing MASSIVE inflation and it's directly related to fuel costs for transportation of goods.

Why in hell should big oil be allowed to make such huge profits at the expense of the economy? They'd STILL make BILLIONS each quarter if they were only making 50 cents profit on each gallon. Instead of 16 BILLION per quarter, they'd be stuck with a lousy 4 BILLION. Poor bastards. PROFIT!! Thats not operational costs or GROSS. Thats NET. Thats PROFIT!! And it's at OUR expense. It's at the expense of the entire country.

If 2 guys want to have their private gay life behind closed doors--fine by me. If ya don't believe in abortions...... then don't have one.
    Keep the gawd-damned government outta my personal life!!

Pisses me off. :frustrat: Talking outta both sides of their mouths.

Would Obama be any better? Hell!! He can't do much worse............ :mrgreen: Just look at us. The middle class is in danger of extinction. Without a strong middle class in this country, we're doomed. Obama wants to cut taxes on middle class working families and small business's. He wants to reduce gains taxes on small business and roll back the tax cuts Bush implemented for big business. Whats wrong with that?

Everybody hates taxes. Taxes pay for 911 operators, firemen and police officers. Taxes pay for roads, dams, teachers, and a whole lotta other crap that makes this country run. SOMEBODY has got to pay some taxes. I vote for RICH people. :mrgreen: I'm friggin' tapped out.

Can I tap out? I'm paying 25% taxes on my income and I got a stay-at-home wife and 2 little kids. Can't afford much more of this crap. If big business would pay 25% taxes on their oil profits, we'd be able to finance health care, better education, higher salary for teachers, cops and firemen. The list is long.

Rcpilot, Sep 18, 2008
  15. jcegt87

dustin_P74

your right, he cant do much worse, but then again mccain cant do much worse. i dont want to live in a country where we vote for someone who cant do much worse, i want someone who will fix everything or start to fix everything. not just keep it where it is

dustin_P74, Sep 18, 2008
  16. jcegt87

Hornet

It would be very hard for me to offer my support to somebody who on multiple occasions has stated that the economy is good. IMO anybody that can use the words "economy" and "good" in the same sentence after all that has happened recently, will not have my interests in mind while he is making decisions. To keep the accountants and stock investors happy, the major communications company that I work for, is forced to cut people every quarter that we really can't afford to loose and still be expected to get our work done. I'm good at what I do but unfortunately we are well beyond letting people go that are poor performers. I've already seen quite a few good employees let go, therefore I'm always wondering if I will be employed next quarter.

There are a lot of problems in this world and I believe the ones we need to focus our time and resources on are here in this beautiful country. I got so angry when I heard that US. promised to give Georgia 1 billion $$. I say SCREW GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!! We did not bomb their a$$ so why are we giving them money. I have a very simplistic view of things, I think we have enough guns, boats, planes and bombs that we can say screw helping everybody else for awhile and just focus on getting ourselves straight for a bit. Somebody needs to start spending tax payers money like they are writing checks out of their own bank account and not just firing up the printing press at the US mint when they want.

I can go on and on but I'll stop here.

Hornet, Sep 18, 2008
  17. jcegt87

dustin_P74

we gave georgia a billion dollars because they are a good alley to us and in the grand scheme of things a billion dollars isnt a whole lot

dustin_P74, Sep 18, 2008
  18. jcegt87

Hornet

We don't have it!!!

We have borrowed huge amounts of money from China. At what point do you tell people I'd love to help you out but I don't have it.

Hornet, Sep 18, 2008
  19. jcegt87

dustin_P74

obviously the people running the country dont know when that is

dustin_P74, Sep 18, 2008
  20. jcegt87

jcegt87 Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!

American money is the only money that's not backed by gold but by trust in the US as soon as these other countries stop trusting us then will the fall of the US really be felt

jcegt87, Sep 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question