this just got interesting (political)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by jcegt87, Aug 29, 2008.

1. jcegt87

dustin_P74

money needs to go back to the gold standard

dustin_P74, Sep 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. jcegt87

Rcpilot

When that happens, and we owe TRILLIONS to China--------- guess what happens?

Hint: If you think Iraq is bad, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

Anybody wanna go to war with China while we're flat broke and our money is worthless around the world?:shock:

Rcpilot, Sep 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. jcegt87

cthegame

I sure don't.

A countries economy or worth of money i dont think is solely based on gold...i think gold is one factor but also how much work force a country has (like China with over 1 billion people), how much technology it can produce and how much natural resource is has.

Let's hope things get better soon because i can't take this life anymore. We're going thru the worst economical crisis since the 30's and that is simply pathetic to me seeing as how we're in the 21st centry and all.

cthegame, Sep 18, 2008
  4. jcegt87

dustin_P74

if a countries money is backed buy gold then that country can only make as much money as they have gold for, thats why we need to get back to the gold standard

dustin_P74, Sep 18, 2008
  5. jcegt87

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

I hate to say it.But the"GOOD OLE DAYS" are gone,done for,never happen again in our life time.The middle class working man is f#*^ed.No 2 ways about it.
    The president cant do anything without the congress and senate.And neither one of those gives a flying f*#%k about the working man either.

Rc,
    I was raised about the same as you.Both my granddads would roll over in their graves if they knew I had voted for a republician.But I'll vote republician IF I feel that thats the BEST option.Right now,I think its about usless to vote,but I'll still do it.Which candidate will I vote for?I have no idea.Will probably flip a coin on election day.
    As for their tax plans.The local news ran a thing on that 3 or 4 weeks ago.Basically no difference when they got down to the fine print.

yote, Sep 18, 2008
  6. jcegt87

Bifferwine I am a girl

The federal government just spent 85 billion dollars to bail out AIG. Guess where that money came from? The Bank of Japan, the Bank of England, the Bank of Canada and the Bank of Switzerland. The US has borrowed so much money from other countries because the country itself is so strapped. Hey, whatever happened to that surplus that we had 8 years ago??? Oh yeah... Iraq...

As for Republicans vs. the middle class, you just need to compare McCain and Obama's tax plans. And YES, there are differences. McCain cuts taxes across the board, BUT the richest 2% in the country get the biggest tax cuts. That 2% of the population will get more money back than the other 98% COMBINED. Sound familiar? Yeah, Bush's tax cuts worked the same way. If you are middle class, you can expect to see a couple extra hundred bucks. Not much at all.

Obama's tax cuts on the other hand, they cut taxes only for the bottom 80% of earners. Meaning, the 20% richest people in this country (i.e. multimillionaires) won't see a tax cut, but the middle class and poor will see much bigger tax cuts than under McCain's plan.

Unless you are part of the richest 2% of people in this country, it makes no sense why you would choose Republicans over Democrats to watch over your interests when it comes to taxes. Same with spending. Every Republican president has left us with a larger deficit than before!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You think Republicans care about spending wisely? Look at this graph depicting the rise and fall of wasteful "pork barrel" spending.

[​IMG]

They say that Democrats want to expand the government, and give the government more control, while Republicans want to limit government. Well, last time I checked, it was the Republicans who are trying to tell people what they can and cannot do in their bedrooms, what women can and can't do with their own bodies, what science teachers can and can't teach in their classes, what books libraries can and can't stock. Invasion of private life by the government, and the making of laws to govern one's private life is totally Republican, and totally big government.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
    Bifferwine, Sep 19, 2008
  7. jcegt87

Rcpilot

Me and you think identically Biff.

Every year my tax deduction for my 2 kids goes DOWN.

In 2005 my automatic child deduction on my wages was $9500. On my 1040 I was able to automatically deduct that amount off the top of my Adjusted Gross Income. I grossed about $26,000 that year. Got back about $2500 on the refund check.

In 2006 my automatic child deduction on my wages was $6000. On my 1040 I was able to automatically deduct that amount off the top of my Adjusted Gross Income. I grossed about $12,000 that year. (hurt my back and didn't actually work from 03-05 --- 09-06) Got back about $1000 on the refund check. Paid less in, but had a better % difference between what I made and what I paid and what the deduction was. I don't get it, but thats how it worked.

In 2007 my automatic child deduction was $1500. On my 1040 I was able to automatically deduct that amount off the top of my Adjusted Gross Income. I made a little over $64000 that year. Got back $600.

I'm guessing my 2008 deduction will be about $500. I'll end up oweing them over $2000 if the trend continues. :frustrat:

I don't see any Republicans cutting MY frickin' taxes. :frustrat::frustrat: :pooh::pooh::pooh::pooh::pooh:

All they do is LOWER my child tax credit every year and give me back LESS money on the refund every year.

Oh, that and monitor my email and my phone calls at will. They don't even need a reason. :shock: I'd just LOVE IT if the Republicans would get outta my life.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
    Rcpilot, Sep 19, 2008
  8. jcegt87

RyanG ^*Eternal Dumbass*^

That whole deficet surplus thing was a little misleading, the deficet wasnt EVER paid off. They only collected more taxes for ONE YEAR than they had spent. If I remember correctly.

RyanG, Sep 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question