Those Flippin' Astraea Snails

messiah023

Reefing newb
It seems over the past week or so, I have found my Astraea snails upside down on the sand bed. I find myself flipping them over much more often than normal....
I would understand if I were say......dosing my tank with vodka...but they find themselves passed out on the sand for no reason.

How often do you guys have to do this?

No change....
I haven't added any livestock, rocks, corals, anything for 6-months.
Everything is growing (like weeds)....just those snails flipping over!

I have other snails in the tank doing fine.
It seems like this is just a few of the 6 astraea are topsy-turvy.

You ever experience this with your snails?
I know sometimes the turbos will fall and land upside down, but I experience it very rarely.

mine do this all the time and then they die on their own or my nassarius snails get to them. Haven't figured out what there deal is yet.

I have 5 or 6 of them and haven't had them flip over yet. Sometimes my nassarius snail even take a free ride on their backs.

I have 5 or 6 of them and haven't had them flip over yet. Sometimes my nassarius snail even take a free ride on their backs.

do you have small nassarious snails cuz the ones I have are like an inch long and take up the whole astraea shell if they would ride on it. lol!

I try only to get self righting snails because of that. My dumb ass cerith snails keep climbing the glass, falling, and can't get up. I need to get them one of those pendants for old people. I now have 2 micro hermits who have cerith snail homes because of it!

My trochus snails are machines, and can flip themselves back up.

Back