Thoughts on my tankmates

steelcity

Reefing newb
Well I started up my 75 with 30 sump last week. Put in a beautiful temminik wrasse. Beautiful colors and very chunky. Loves to eat as well. Well my whitetail bristletooth became an ass. I put the wrasse in at night with lights out and the whitetail found him. Didn't bite him but would like body check him. Kept it up during the day. The wrasse is twice his size but I guess he doesn't know that or he's just a "#####".

The wrasse would come out during feeding and get some and then the whitetail chases him back. After that he comes out now but the whitetail keeps him restricted to the one corner. I think this is how my condi fairy died. The whitetail just pummeled him into staying in a cave since he was small. I purposely picked this big wrasse so he'd have a better chance if anybody wanted to pick on him.

Last night I managed to catch the whitetail without having to break anything down. He's in the sump. I like the fish but not as much as the new wrasse. Will the whitetail calm down after being in the sump for awhile or should I just return him while he's out?

I would say you have less of a chance that the fish will calm down once it becomes aggressive and territorial. You could rearrange your rocks extensively and then reintroduce the Whitetail in a few weeks and it might work. You could always catch him then and trade him in for a different make and model. Good luck.

I agree with moving some of the LR around and trying again. I would imagine after a few days things will calm down.

Back