Three new starfish!

Bifferwine

I am a girl
Check out three new buddies I picked up today! The kalk overdose a few months ago killed every starfish in my tank. So I am only now getting around to restocking. And I couldn't be happier with these guys!

"Dolly"
011-1.jpg

"Maury"
010.jpg

"Arthur"
009-1.jpg

I like the fire and Ice zoos, and you can frag me some of those blues too while youre at it! I didnt even see the starfish, my eyes went right to your sexy zoos Biff!!!!

But the starfish are nice, I just dont care for them personally.

I like the fire and Ice zoos, and you can frag me some of those blues too while youre at it! I didnt even see the starfish, my eyes went right to your sexy zoos Biff!!!!

Thanks! I picked those up about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I had been wanting blue zoas for SO LONG but was never willing to pony up the cash. Then my LFS had a rock that was a PERFECT price, and I couldn't say no. Then I accidentally broke the rock in half. So now I have them in two places in my tank! I picked up the fire and ice zoas on the same day. They have colored up and grown DRAMATICALLY since I added them to my tank.

I love that first starfish, he's cool looking ... is it a Linkia variation?

Yes! Dolly is a dalmatian linckia. Never heard of them until today.

Last edited:
The dalmatian is about the diameter of my hand. The blue linckia is about 4 inches across, and the fromia is slightly smaller than that. None of them are particularly big. I'm not sure how big they get. I hope they grow!

Live Aquaria says the blues get about 1' across

That's cool. I've never seen them that big before. I believe Melosu has had three linckias in his tank for 10 years now, and his are still not very big. I wonder how long it takes them to get that large?

I would hazard a guess, my linkas would be about 7 inches at the moment. so i can see them growing a lot more.

The blue is cool, I have one. I also have a red, and a sandsifting star. Mine climb the rocks, the glass and are super active. But they have never harmed a fish.

Nice starfish Sarah. Have you had luck with them in the past? Every starfish I've bought has died.

Thanks! I had my previous starfish for 5+ years before they died in the kalk overdose in March. I don't think I've ever bought a starfish that didn't survive. We'll see about these guys -- so far, the marble fromia and the dalmatian linckia have been active, but the blue linckia hasn't moved from where I set him down. :(

Beautiful additions Biff. Your tank is looking soooo colorful and pretty.

Thank you! I got the blue star at SEA (the new store) and the other two at SW.

Back