Three tangs

Melosu58

Reef enthusiast
How does everyone do with tangs on this site. Here is a pic of my three tangs. The yellow tang is 11 yrs old while the yellow eyed kole tang is 8 yrs old and the scopas is about 4 yrs old. I have found out that different body shapes and colors kind of limits aggression but not always. Anyone else have any tang issues or info.

029.JPG

When I had my 125gal FO last year, I had a yellow tang, a hawaiian tang, a naso, and a scopas tang all together and they got along just fine...a little aggression at first, but they became close.

I hadnt had any problems with my ABT and Kole fighting.But the ABT sure didnt like it when I added a foxface to the tank.

Generally, the more different the fish look, the better they will get along. In my tank, I have a yellow tang, a kole tang and a sailfin tang.

I have a Purple Tang, Atlantic Blue (adult) and a Black Spot. I've had them almost a year and they all get along very well.

:heartpump I love Tangs! :heartpump

Tangs are deffinately my number one fish. Body shape does play the biggest role with tangs esspecially zebrasoma. I have found if you have enough hiding spots and room for them they seem to not be as aggressive. They will protect there little peice of the reef that is very important to their survival so if they feel threatened by a new comer being a tang, rabbit or foxface (someone that is going to compete for the same food) that is usually where the most aggression comes from.

In the 180
Pair of Scopas tangs - 2years
Dussumeiri tang - 2 years
Vlamingi tang - 3 years - survivor made it through my boiled tank
blue tang - 6 months

2 yellow tangs - 5 years
koi tang - 6 years
black tang - 4 years
purple tang - 7 years He's my survivor I about lost him a year ago miracle.
desjardini sailfin tang - 10 years
vlamingi tang - donated, they had him 3 years I have had him for 6 months
dussumeiri tang - 5 years
blonde naso tang - 6 years
unicorn tang - 1 year
blue line tang - 3 years
tomini tang - 4 years
sohol tang - donated they had him 3 years, 6months for me
maculiceps tang - 3-4 months my newest baby.
3 blue hippo tang - 5 years
yellow belly blue tang - 4 years
chocolate tang - 2 years revived him from MHLLE

Sure would like to see some pics of some of those tangs winyfrog. Is there a place on site you have some of them?

Back