Three things...

ErinCahir

Sausage Wrangler
I love how whenever I have something to post here, it's always in multiples.

First, my bubblegum chalice is getting a new mouth! Hooray! I've had it for about a month, and I've been feeding it for the last week or so, so I am very happy about it!

Second, I know for sure now that I have at least two peppermint shrimp still, because last night I saw TONS of tiny baby shrimpies swimming around.

Third... when I got my Mr. Coral order, there were what I assumed to be flatworms on the plugs. I dipped, but it didn't get them all. Last night I saw some in my tank, but now I'm not sure if they were flatworms or not. I didn't think it take a picture, but they're small (I'd say the biggest is the size of a pinhead), and totally oval (no "horns"). They're about half as wide as they are long, and have a mottled pattern to them. They also seem to have some kind of shell (when I was poking the ones that fell off in the dip, they weren't squishy). Any ideas?

Thanks! I have stomatellas... I don't think that's what they are. I'll try and get a couple out tonight and snap a picture.

That's awesome about the chalice and shrimpies.

Definitely take a pic of the other creatures. Trying to explain what they look like is like trying to explain to your mechanic what sound your car is making.

haha, grats!

and I have to agree with D2, if they are stomas grats. but if they are then they must be babies... not usually that small... still could be something else unless your sure.

So I got one out and and TRIED to take a picture of it.
It's definitely not a stomatella snail. The shell covers the whole body. When I flip it over I can see legs, and it kind of curls up like a roly poly when I irritate it enough. So here's my crappy far away pictures... and one that I drew (don't laugh).

SDC13146.jpg

SDC13143.jpg

SDC13147.jpg

It's markings on the shell... not eyes...
I checked out the wwm link and it seems like most of them have the legs out to the side, not underneath. Do you think I should email wwm? Or should I just go about with removal like they suggest?

Back