Tiger goby

Colin

Reefing newb
So I went to the LFS and saw a Tiger goby {wardi}. Ive read conflicting reviews on them mainly the tank size. I have a 30 gallon tank and have read they are good in them then read that they need bigger tanks. Could my tank size be ok for one?

Attachments

• a_Tiger_goby1.jpg
    a_Tiger_goby1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,897
I dont know if you can have him or not but that is one awsome looking fish. If you cant have it pick it up anyways and ship it to me :mrgreen:

I kept one in my 30 for close to 6 months before he went carpet surfing.
But they will deplete the live foods in the sand bed with in a couple of days in a small tank.But I think that as long as he's getting what he needs from regular feedings of frozen foods,then he'll fine in a 30.

Thats it im getting him. I hope he didnt get sold already im keeping the fin with the black spot on it though.

Last edited:
I think we should not chop him up. That's just cruel. He should swim FREE!

Did I win the fish for being compassionate? :mrgreen:

I've tried two of them myself. Neither acclimated well and only lasted 1 day for the first one and 3 days for the second one. Dunno what it was, but neither survived. Too bad. Was a pretty cool looking fish.

Really cool looking fish! My tank is too small so I am out of the running for the fish but maybe you should put it in a round fish bowl, and all stand around the bowl and call the fish and whoever he swims towards gets him!

No you didnt win wonton cause you dont want what the great good does. Where did you get yours from Andysgirl8800. If its aquamart then i might rethink him. But probably not. Hes too cool looking not to try.If I buy him he better swim to me if not im chopping him up and splitting him amoung the masses.

Last edited:
Introducing the dude. (Big Lebowski reference) Not his name yet we'll see what the girlfriend says about that.

Attachments

• DSCN0182.jpg
    DSCN0182.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 356
Back