Tiger pistol shrimp

I thought you wanted a mantis?! I like pistols and plan on having one but they aren't near as 'cool' as mantis!

Oh trust me I'm still workin on te mantis tank. I have the tank,filter,mag float,digital temp gauge, so far....when I get my first check I'll be buying a unbreakable heater, and powerhead. Then all I will need is a stand, substarate and the mantis. However I want a tiger pistol to match up with my yellow watchman goby in my 46g.

Why anybody would WANT a mantis shrimp is beyond me! :grumble:

I just finished tearing down my entire 90g tank to get rid of the one that I tried to live with for almost a year. He came as a hitch hiker in my live rock and over the past year has killed and eaten every living thing in my tank. I do mean EVERY LIVING THING. :death: And he was only about 2" long!!

I agree they are fascinating creatures, but they must be kept in a separate tank. If that is your intention, more power to you. I really tried to be a crusader for mine, but not again.

Personally mine is going in it's own 2.5 nanocube. So he will be by himself other than feeding time :mrgreen:

I have a randalls pistol shrimp and a yellow watchman goby. I thought it would be cool, but I got a real small shrimp because it was cheaper. But he is so small he is a huge chicken and never comes out. He lived with my watchman goby for a bit, but they have split up as of now. My goby lives with my engineer goby and the pistol shrimp has his hole the next rock over. Very cool, but I would say make sure to get a big one otherwise he might never be seen like mine.

Back